Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

can anyone help me with 1/8 tyres

Hi people need some advise on what tyres I need to get for my car I have the plain foams at the moment.I think I may need tyres for wet 2 but how many different types or tyres can u get e.g damps and normal or are there diferent levels of soft to hard.Also what does shore mean on foam tryers e.g shore 35
    Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: can anyone help me with 1/8 tyres

OK heres the deal:
    In foam wheels, the softness rating is measured in Shore - the lower the number, the softer it is and the quicker it will wear out. Bigger number = less grip, harder material, less wear/more durability.
    35 Shore is fairly soft, i say 40 is the middle range. You might be able to go as low as 25 and as high as 55, ive seen 45 or 50 shore wheels before.
    I dont really know if it is possible to use rubbers on the M3, i know it wouldn't handle well, especially at high speed and because of the overdrive/underdrive  transmission. I wouldnt use it in wet weather either!! So just stick to foams and dry weather.
    Kyosho V1RRR Evo 2 // RB Touring 10 + RB 2659 // Futaba S3010 (T/B) & Hitec HS5625MG Digital (ST)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: can anyone help me with 1/8 tyres

With 1/8th you need to use softer tyres than 1/10th. 35s or 37s are the norm for racing or sometimes 32s.