RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

traxxas 4-tec help

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 10:56 PM
rc2008
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default traxxas 4-tec help

im having some tuning issues. could someone give me an idea about where the needles should be set at in the carb.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:27 AM
D.DJ

Default RE: traxxas 4-tec help

They are about the same, but the TZ craps all over the 3.3 on the bottom end, plus I feel it has more power. RPM is about the same, but Id go the TZ.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:28 PM
rc2008

cool i will just leave it on my car then lol thanks
Old 11-10-2010, 07:52 PM
jude26
My Feedback: (1)

TZ is much better and OS motors are more reliable. Keep it.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:36 PM
rc2008

need some help

Old 11-17-2010, 09:47 AM
cmaxx25r

was looking through tmaxx manual to see if the factory settings of needles were in there I couldnt find them, most carbs from the factory are already pre set , from what I remember being told,

High- 3.25- 4 turns no more then 4 turns out from all the way in( when screwing high side needle feel the needle stop dont go any further).

Low- screw flush with slide carb
Idle screw- that be ur call if its running fast or to slow, but it shouldnt be rolling on its own

If no of this works for you, take it to your local hobby shop they may be able to help you along or if the carb is old /out of whack may want to invest in a new carb so you know the setting are set correctly, your local hobby shop should be able to help you or call 1888 traxxas support ..
Old 11-22-2010, 07:38 PM
cmaxx25r

Any local hobby shop would be more then happy to help you with tuning they may not touch your car physically but be able to talk ya through it or tell you the setting of default factory setting to help set you closer to stock..1-888-traxxas customer service and tech support lines cant be beat when it comes to traxxas products and concerns.. I remember one time I bought a OFNA motor and was having problems with it, , so I called ofna to get help and some snappy kid gets on the line, I bout wanted to ring his neck, and just from that experience I havent owned or had a OFNA product since..So good customer service and well managed people working with you does go long way...I had issues with a old servo of traxxas and they hooked me up with a brand new servo and solved my problems.. delivery on traxxas parts directly from 1888 traxxas are lightining fast to your door.. I have owned many used and new cars from TRX. recently bought a 4 tec havent ran it yet cause of the weather and holidays but looks cool,, I have 3.3 so I know already what it sounds like, and know it will haul major booty with it only weighing like 5-10 pounds and only 17 inches long... like a big block in a vega you know going to go fast.. But anyhow,,, call traxxas 888 number or visit your RC shop best bet,,, know here im missouri rock crawlers are big at the shops. and theres not many 4 tecs for sale at dealers..