Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Nitro RS4 RTR 3

Old 02-21-2011, 10:26 AM
Lombardi08

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitro RS4 RTR 3

So ive been into cars and trucks all my life. I work as a body tech at a dealership. I also wanted to get into nitro cars and what not because of how similar they are to cars and most of the time lot less expensive to have fun with. So when i wasnt working on my camaro i could go out and play around with the nitro car. Now im COMPLETELY new to these and ive only started to learn so much about them and im kinda still in the dark so any tips hints or anything someone could give me would be great.

The car i picked up is a HPI nitro RS4 RTR 3 Its the one that came with the camaro ss body. Im assuming its kinda since it isnt even on HPI's website and the catalog that came with it is from 2003. I new the kid and it looked well kept. cept for all the scratches under the frame but big deal. it runs strong it just needs to get warmer where i am so i can start tuning it to nice weather. now i have a few questions.

it seems pretty much every part in the catalog (the kid kept EVERY piece of paper and even the original box, still all MINT) is discontinued on the HPI website. So idk where im suppose to get parts for it if i want to ether upgrade it or replace stock parts.

I need a new glow plug but obviously the part number i have is discontinued, Any other kind i could use? and whats the diff between medium hot and cold?

and what kinda of cheap not to expensive mods should i do? its a toy and im not really gonna "race" it but i wunna have fun. im thinking of ether making it a Rally car with a subie body or just setting it up for drift.

any help from you guys would be sweet.

when i get home from work and get on my computer im deff going to start searching the forum for any info i can find and learn!
Old 02-21-2011, 10:43 AM
Fuel Crazy
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Nitro RS4 RTR 3

the RS4 RTR 3 was replaced by the RS4 3 18SS, 18SS+, EVO and EVO+. It still uses the same chassis and everything as the 3 RTR, just has different engine and 2spd trans.

You can get alot of parts from RCBoyz on ebay, .. and here http://www.asiatees.com/model.php?HP...&model=RS4%203

Old 02-21-2011, 03:09 PM
ntrain42

LOL! Never seen a Corvette "drift" before, LOL! Personally, I'd just upgrade areas where bearings ride in that are plastic with aluminum and beat on it.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:21 PM
Car-Tune

I shop at Towerhobbies.com
Old 02-24-2011, 11:02 AM
bronx boy

i have two of the rs4 cars first thing get a nice pipe the ths pipe works real nice / you will love your newe car its bullit proof/if you want a nice radio look on hobby patrtz .com they have a 2,4 radio with a receiver for 19.97 no bs this little sucker works great i am no kid im 54 years old and have almost 20 grand into this hobby i have 37 cars im trelling you this is a great radio no toy
Old 02-24-2011, 11:11 AM
bronx boy

also the radio has a built in failsafe that alone saves you 20 bucks /i would get a nice hump pack with a cheap charger and adapter wire and get a three wie on off switch with a charge cord 10 bucks a cheap charger is 20 bucks .i just made a nice buy today a associated tce nitro rtr for 169.00 from stormer hobbies also got a nice ripple ron paris pipe foe 19.00 ebay and a rpm front bumper 9.00 there are some nice buys if you know where vto lookk .as far as the hpi cars the pipe battery and chager should be a real good start dont forget the failsafe if you do you will be sorry
Old 02-24-2011, 11:14 AM
bronx boy

if you need a new pipe hanger get a old bicycle spoke cut it and bend it to the shape you want it will stay like that forever /whatever you do just have fun there are a lot worse ways to spend your money always run your car rich you want to sdee smoke from you exhaust do that and they least foever