Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

New and need some help:)

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 09:22 AM
ryanbex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New and need some help:)

hello im new to here. I have just purchased Kyosho DRX - 1/9th Scale Rally Car - Citroen C4.
I was given a dvd from the shop to watch on how to start the engine and to do's and not to do's. I managed to get it running after a few attempts and it runs for about 5 mintues then just cuts out??? it does this all the time now and cant get it to run more than 5 mins.
Any help/advice would be very appreciated
thanks
Old 03-14-2011, 11:38 AM
Anthoop

Default RE: New and need some help:)

It runs for 5 minutes and then cuts out? Is this at idle?
Without knowing what the video is telling you to do or what you are actually doing, it is very hard to diagnose your problem.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:33 PM
ryanbex

Default RE: New and need some help:)

hi thanks for the reply. the video says to hold your finger over the exhaust and pull the cord five times then take your finger of and put the glow starter on then pull the cord and it should start but it doesnt?? wen i get it going after a lot of messing about it runs and revs up and down all over the place then just dies? i managed to get it idiling after playing with the screw a little and left it to bed the engine in and it ran for about five mins then just cut out again! also i have both idle screws set up according to the maual with the car, any help will be very gratful thanks ryan