RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Adams Racing Foam Tires WOW!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 04:48 PM
Jacked Up Customs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adams Racing Foam Tires WOW!!

Hey guys,

We recently purchased the last batch of Adams Racing Foam Nitro Tires (preglued) after much research and had to try them.

After receiving the tires yesterday from amainhobbies.com (there’s only one set of nitro’s left) we had to take them for a harsh test race.

We ran these tires on a 50/50 swept cement to asphalt warehouse parking lot road course setup. This parking lot it clean of rocks (99.9%) but is not a prepped. (No sugar water mix etc.)

With track laid out with cone markers we got to racing.
2.5 hrs later we were still running on the same set of shore 32's and 35's, back tires had very little loss with zero camber setup on the HPI EVO 3 as well as the TC3.

I can’t speak for everyone but why we don’t see more people in the US running these tires is beyond us!
The grip is unbelievable, and these tires just keep going!
We had Zero chunking and probably one of the funniest and closes race after race we have ever ran.

If you can get a hold of a set of these give them a try, front and rears are less than $12.00 (4 tires) combined right now.

These tires will make you HATE rubber.
Super impressive!
Best tires we ever ran!

JUC Team,
Jacked Up Customs
jackedupcustoms.com
Old 04-10-2011, 06:47 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Adams Racing Foam Tires WOW!!

I would try 'em, but ehh, I have a feeling they would be less than useless where I run my car. If you want a set on my NTC3 you have to guarantee me they'll perform in mud, snow, dust, dirt, short grass and gravel equally as well as the rubber tires I currently have...and that's an awful tall order for slicks.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:46 AM
Jacked Up Customs

Yea that’s for sure.

Obviously each tire has its use for its application. Such as a Onroad car wouldn’t sport sand tires for asphalt racing.

Rubber tires are great in off road applications, they don’t have near the wear onroad cars tires do.

The point in the Adam racing tires is this..
If you run on road and your sick of throwing away a $40.00 set of tires after one tank or even one day (that’s what we all here have been experiencing)
If you want awesome grip.
Maintenance free tires.
No chunking.
Affordability
Get these tires.

JUC Team
Jacked Up Customs
jackedupcustoms.com
Old 04-11-2011, 10:50 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

...I don't know what rubber tires you're running but I've never heard of them going out in one tank flat. Hell I haven't even heard of foams going that fast, and they're generally regarded as very short lived.

Maybe you need to chill with the donuts?
Old 04-11-2011, 11:03 AM
Jacked Up Customs

Thats the point of the OP.

These foams out last rubber tires and out perform them hands down.

It is not hard to blow thru a set of tires for us, racing.

Some brand and types have there difference's grip/wear but theres a large trade off not to mention cost.
The Geckos however are how tires should be made. Just a shame they no longer make the premounts.

JUC Team,
Jacked Up Customs
jackedupcustoms.com