Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

Whats the fastest 1/10 scale car ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Whats the fastest 1/10 scale car ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 02:25 PM
PeeBeMe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats the fastest 1/10 scale car ?

A lot of people say the 4tec BUT it seems as though the Fusion is the fastest ?
On both box they both say clearly 4tec is "70mph" & the Fusion is "80mph" THEN I hear that this other car made by CEN gst5 or something like that goes at least 80 -90 mph too ?
Old 10-04-2011, 06:12 PM
roppeltman

Default RE: Whats the fastest 1/10 scale car ?

I have a 4tec and the only thing ive ever ran against in a flat out drag is a Jato. It wasnt even close. I was giving a 30 ft. head start and still walking away from the jato.I cant say weather its the fastest but there isnt much out there that will compare out of the box.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:22 PM
PeeBeMe

I have a jato 3.3 & my brother has the 2.5 & 3.3 4tec. we never race yet BUT those damn 4tec's are crazy fast !
I had one along time ago & only kept it for a month because It drives & handles so different then the jato. to much top end for me to handle, maybe because there smaller & they have 4wd. I want a RTR fusion .........my question is : do the fusion handle better then the 4tec or is it like driving a 4tec still ?
Old 10-05-2011, 04:07 AM
roppeltman

I cant answer that question 100% . I've never acually saw a fusion in person ,but from what I hear they are a little easier to handle. I've been running my 4 tec for 3 years now and it took me that long to really use it to its full potential. Very tricky to drive.
Old 10-11-2011, 03:15 AM
FastRS4s
My Feedback: (2)

Stay away from the fusion...the parts support sucks here in the states..plus, go buy a tc3 or rs4 or 4tec...put a fricken .28 motor in it...it will be fast too.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:03 PM
jude26
My Feedback: (1)

Fastest 1/10 out the box is the Cen Racing CTR 5.0 as it will achieve 90mph. Second is the Fusion 28 Turbo which will attain 80+mph, followed by the 4tec @ 70mph.

I have a regular fusion 28 and that fastest I have clocked it on a radar gun was 70 and I ran out of space
Old 10-17-2011, 12:33 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What's most important to understand is that these cars are fast due to their stock configuration. High revving engines combined with tall gearing. If you take, say, an Xray NT1, and put a racing .12 in it, then gear it for 90mph, it'll do it. As will just about any car given enough power and the correct gearing. If you get a good chassis to start with, then make it fast, you'll have spent more, but you'll have a much better RC.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:26 PM
jude26

Thats what I want to do. I just got a NT1R Kit and an AB modded 12TZ. I'm hoping to do 70+ with it.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:58 PM
Foxy

Good choice, you'll make 70 comfortably with the right gearing.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:06 AM
nitrohead5300

What is the fastest 1/10 car you ask??? One that has been custom made to be fast. Nobody has asked you what type of racing you intend on doing, are you going to be just bashing?? Or do you plan on doing club racing?? Maybe drag racing?? Depending on what type of racing you are planning on doing will determine what brand car you should buy motor, motor modfications tires body how much chassis motor modfication you should do to be compeitive. I just noticed you live in Miami !! Sounds like your intent is to drag race.There are alot of really fast drag racers down there. They have old hpi cars they have modified that can do 100mph don't drag race against them with that NT with a .12 in it they will eat you for breakfast. Try to contact a guy named Miamiz Finest he is a speed guru and will help you.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:49 AM
Foxy

ORIGINAL: nitrohead5300

What is the fastest 1/10 car you ask??? One that has been custom made to be fast. Nobody has asked you what type of racing you intend on doing, are you going to be just bashing?? Or do you plan on doing club racing?? Maybe drag racing?? Depending on what type of racing you are planning on doing will determine what brand car you should buy motor, motor modfications tires body how much chassis motor modfication you should do to be compeitive. I just noticed you live in Miami !! Sounds like your intent is to drag race.There are alot of really fast drag racers down there. They have old hpi cars they have modified that can do 100mph don't drag race against them with that NT with a .12 in it they will eat you for breakfast. Try to contact a guy named Miamiz Finest he is a speed guru and will help you.
There's nothing stopping the NT1 handin Finest his butt, and I know he won't mind me saying that. But nitrohead is right, those guys are running bigger engines and custom gearing to get over 100mph. You'll need a big block engine that screams (think 1/8th on road formula engines) and a friend with a machine shop to break 100.

Lets also remind ourselves what happens when you crash an RC car at 100mph...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyCTDsoe9d4[/youtube]

...not for the poor or the faint hearted.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:45 AM
nitrohead5300

But first PB needs to tell us what type of racing he is planing to do, road course, oval, bashing or drag racing??
Old 10-18-2011, 12:23 PM
jude26

I just plan on bashing and drag racing.

I know miamizfinest. I have run with these guys before.

What was the smoke in the video right before it made impact?
Old 10-18-2011, 12:33 PM
Foxy

I assume it was the BEC burning, hence the lack of steering control. lol.