Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Some questions about a GT2

Old 02-14-2012, 04:07 AM
dragonbat13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some questions about a GT2

I just scored a Kyosho Inferno GT2

I really am more of an offroad person, but I would like to fix this car up a little bit.

First thing is that I want to install my FLYSKY digital radio in it. Whats everybodys thoughts on good steering and throttle servos for this car? I dont want the cheapest thing, but I dont want to put big bucks into it either.

Also I am looking for some good quality blue anodized upper and lower arms. I had heard that some of the other Inferno series stuff will fit it. What models should I look for (and brands) for these arms. This mod goes against my normal train of thought, but I am buying these for the looks more than anything.

This is sort of a, first onroad experience, fooling around, pimping out shelf queen, type of car. If I really get to liking on road I will get an OFNA DM-1 1/7 scale. But I got this one for a pretty good price (at least I think so) of 200. Dont hate on me if I got ripped off, I dont want the humilitation.

Considering the plan of a possible DM-1, I dont want to put stupid amounts of money into this car. However I still think it looks like a good car to put into my collection. I think it would be a good scale project to do. The Austin Martin body looks pretty cool. It will look even better when I put a light kit in it. The lights are one of the things I am gonna spend a little more than I should on this car, but I think the Austin Martin body lit up would be nice. Another thing I want to spend on it is some nice scale wheels.

Anyway, If anybody has any suggestions on anything else I should do to the car that are necessary or good cheap (or at least reasonable) upgrades please feel free to post. I have been looking around for some info on this car but it seems that it is a little outdated and alot of the mods I do find consist of discontinued parts and such.

Thanks for reading my post.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:51 AM
eemilioc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Some questions about a GT2

Hi
You can find a lot of aluminum blue anodized upper and lower arms for the kyosho 777 and are the same.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:37 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do not buy aluminum arms. You want the arms to flex a bit, and be a weak point. Aluminum arms just transfer the energy somewhere else, and you end up braking the bulkheads or blocks, which are a harder fix.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:49 PM
JohnP2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dragonbat, you sound like you are looking for exactly what I am.While I don'town an Infefno GT2, I've researched the series andit does seem like a seriesthat offers lots of options for upgrading it just as you described.

Pleaselet us knowwhat you decide and send pics! ;-)