Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

HPI Drift for first On-road car?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 07:19 PM
JohnP2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HPI Drift for first On-road car?

Hey guys,

So I've narrowed it down my next car will be an on-road car - and that is between the Inferno GT2 (unsure of race spec just yet) or the HPIRS4 3 Drift.

I know there is a difference in price, and with that comes obvious quality. However, this is my first venture into the on-road scene, and frankly the reason I want to do is to drift. However, I'm also very interested in the precision that an on-road car makes, and wonder how much of that will be lost with the drift.

So, my questions:

1. If I get the RS4 3 Drift (and assume I will love it) will it be representative ofan on-road car? i.e., Is it a gimmick car that will only drift and not perform as well as other on-road cars?
2. Or, will getting this and pacifying my need for drifting only serve as a "primer" to upgrading to the next level (Inferno GT2 Race Spec)?

I think pavement is becoming my favorite surface to run on, so want to ensure what I pick is something that will start teaching me to be competative on that surface - or at a minimum provide me interest in competing on it. ;-)

Thanks!

Old 02-28-2012, 05:45 PM
JohnP2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HPI Drift for first On-road car?

Anyone? Bueller...Bueller? ;-)
Old 03-11-2012, 01:22 PM
rx7devil210

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I heared some good things about the hpi rs4 3 drft version was good i got a hpi rs4 3 evo + and its been great to me.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:29 AM
wrcsti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It will only drift with drift tires. Itll handle a bit funny with regular tires but it wont be impossible to drive. Dont expect it to be as fast as a regular rs4 3 evo since it has short single gear for drifting.