RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

SH ENGINES??

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 07:30 PM
szewang2805
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SH ENGINES??

hey im looking for a SH Engine 28 for my truggy roller and i need a motor im not racing it or anything just flogging around my back yard or bmx track ive seen Sh engines all over ebay cheap as chips was just wondering if they are alright or not
[link=http://www.hobbyhot.com/SH-ENGINES/][/link]
Old 03-18-2012, 09:53 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: SH ENGINES??

For bashing around and assuming a cheap price I like them.. I have several SH-built engines - LRP Spec 3 .28, Dynamite Big Red .28, Losi 454, Mach 427.. I actually think the smaller Mach is better suited for a truggy, because it revs better and drinks less.. With a big .28 IMO a lot of the extra torque is just wasted eating up drivetrain and spinning tires..

That said, if you're just messing around, the .28's are sometimes cheap enough to warrant getting one.. Try to get the most ports as possible...(I know the SH-equivalent of the LRP Spec 3 is listed as an 8-port...) The Dynamite Big Red is listed as a 6-port I think, and I also like it a lot...

For best performance btw, IMO run an OS #10 plug. I've always felt they give good best overall power, but maybe a less stable idle. I have recently been trying the Odonnell purple plugs though(dirt cheap at amain..), and so far they seem really good too...

The 2047 pipe is really good on my Mach 427 btw... Besides that, for SH engines, JP-2 or just a stock Losi RTR pipe are also good..
Old 03-19-2012, 08:11 AM
Scooter B

I have an SH engine in my redcat buggy....It seems to be the only quality peice of the whole car.  Runs great and easy to tune.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:46 AM
the nitro way

sh is good