RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Blowing the dust off

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 08:13 AM
Phlip77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blowing the dust off

Hi guys,

Ihave decided to blow the dust off my old NTC3 cars. One is a FT NTC3 Kit. And the second is a RTRNTC3 that I got a good ebay deal on years ago. I'm looking on getting th FT NTC3 up and running again. Unfortunately it has an old Fanton FR 15 motor that I would most likely need to rebuild. So the real question is, what is a decent replacement motor to drop in here. Iwill not be racing so it doesn't have to be extremely high end at all. Mostly parking lot runs and some drifting. From what Ican see so far, looks like OS might be the way to go. .12 or .15 is fine by me. Istill want the car to have the power the Fantom fr 15 used to give it (fast for me). Mostly looking for something that will drop in with minimum custom work. ]

Any and all input is appreciated.

Thanks
Old 04-14-2012, 11:42 AM
the nitro way

Default RE: Blowing the dust off

i would suggest an sh .18 because they got balls and are easy to tune i have one now but havent used it in a while
Old 04-14-2012, 11:50 AM
Phlip77

Thanks for the input. What about the OS .18tz? any ideas?
Old 04-14-2012, 12:22 PM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Phlip77

Thanks for the input. What about the OS .18tz? any ideas?
I'd say go fir it. Its a great engine. I had one in mine for a while and it was a screamer! I don't know much about the fanton engine you already have but if it is a side exhaust engine you will need to buy a rear exhaust header to go with the 18TZ other than that it will just be a direct replacement.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:58 PM
Phlip77

Thanks. I'm fairly new to it all. The first time around, life happened and the car was sidelined after only a couple runs. My concern is that Idon't know enough about the proper crank and what not. I'm a good learner and pretty fast learner. So Ithink the OS .18TZ will be my motor choice. Just need tomake sure I'm using the right setup.