Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

New Nitro RS4 EVO+ RTR or NTC3 Plus RTR or Ofna GTP2 *Edit* (Sorry About Redundancy)

Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

New Nitro RS4 EVO+ RTR or NTC3 Plus RTR or Ofna GTP2 *Edit* (Sorry About Redundancy)

Old 05-15-2012, 10:49 AM
pls4ms

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Nitro RS4 EVO+ RTR or NTC3 Plus RTR or Ofna GTP2 *Edit* (Sorry About Redundancy)

Sorry in advanced for this question, as I know it's been asked MANY times before, but my searches weren't entirely satisfying. Looking to buy new one of the two subject RTR setups, and just getting opinions about which you'd suggest and why. Which is faster stock out of the box (acceration and top end)? Lower maintanence? Easier starts?

Iwon't be racing, just having fun around local parking lots and streets. But I'm not hard on my cars. However, this is my first nitro (good with engines though).

*Edit: Sorry to complicate things more, but I'll throw the Ofna Ultra GTP2 into the mix as well. Is this as quality of a vehicle as the RS4? As fast? Would the 1/8 scale be better for normal roads?

Thanks,
Pete
Old 05-16-2012, 05:54 AM
Car-Tune

Default RE: New Nitro RS4 EVO+ RTR or NTC3 Plus RTR or Ofna GTP2 *Edit* (Sorry About Redundancy)

I dont know much about the NTC3 but I do know alot about the RS4-3.

Parts and upgrades are available everywhere.
Has many, many upgrades.
Has many shock set ups.
Easy to change the shaft, 5 of the 6 shafts are the same.
HPI has many bodies but also does fit the NTC3.

Thats what I can think of now
Old 05-16-2012, 08:12 AM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: New Nitro RS4 EVO+ RTR or NTC3 Plus RTR or Ofna GTP2 *Edit* (Sorry About Redundancy)

I have owned a couple of both models and they are very similar in performace. I would be hard pressed to say that one is better than the other. top speed is about the same. the only advantage I can see is the engine on the NTC3 runs smoother had an smoother power band and was easier to start. The RS4 3 engine might be a little more snappy on the bottom end but I like the Associated engine a little better. you really can't go wrong with either one though.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:31 PM
pls4ms

Thanks much for the replies, fellas.  Great info.  I just added the Ofna GTP2 to the mix as well as an 1/8 scale option.  Is this as quality of a RTR as the other two?  As fast?  Would the 1/8 scale be better for normal roads?
Old 05-16-2012, 04:04 PM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you are adding the Ofna to the list then go for the Ofna! I haven't owned that particular model(yet) but you can't go wrong with any of the 1/8 GT cars. they are an absolute blast to drive. They handle unprepped surfaces extremely well. that was always one of the down fall to running 1/10 onroads is that unless the sureface is perfect you will spend all you time dodging pebble and debris. 1/10 scale have twitchier (is that even a word?) handling and and can take corner quite a bit faster than the 1/8 scale cars but 1/8 is much more durable and as a result more reliable as well. Also due to the longer wheel base of the 1/8 scales drifting is alot easier than with the 1/10 scale cars.
Old 05-19-2012, 01:03 PM
Mufasa_719

I love 1/8 rally game cars. Much better for just about any road. Not as fast? as 1/10 but being a larger scale they seem much faster.