Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Xtm .18 or hpi .18 t3.0

Old 06-24-2012, 07:18 AM
Rclb4x4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xtm .18 or hpi .18 t3.0

Hi I have both a xtm .18 and a hpi .18 t3.0. I don't know which engine to put in my super nitro. With gearing being the same which engine will
Give me the best top speed. I have the car geared as low as possible. Both engines have 10-15 tanks thru them. I also have a firestorm waiting for the other engine. Any help would be appreciated Thanks
Old 06-25-2012, 09:20 AM
gearhead777

Default RE: Xtm .18 or hpi .18 t3.0

IMO, I like the XTM engine. I have a .18 with over 8 gallons through it, and runs as strong now as it did new. IM sure the hpi engine would be as good, and this is all providing they were properly broke in, and taken care of. IM just partial to the XTM engine due to my personal experience. Good luck on your projects.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:09 AM
NBCTANK

Default RE: Xtm .18 or hpi .18 t3.0

I would go with the XTM .18 engine.
I just got a second Super Nitro and was debating the .18 or do another big block XTM 247, only I have to sell it now. Too much stuff.
But the XTM will make it go. I haven't had much luck with HPI engines.