Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

About to get an RS4 3 Evo+ Have some questions and inquiries.

Community
Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

About to get an RS4 3 Evo+ Have some questions and inquiries.

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 12:23 AM
Themadcat945

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default About to get an RS4 3 Evo+ Have some questions and inquiries.

So,Just making sure this is my wise purchase here, Ireally am interested in the RS4 3 Evo+It's a great looking chassis, great motor, good power, 2 speed, average sized fuel tank Nitro RC on road, and it's one of the faster touring-car style like on roads brand new out of the box especially for under 400 including a temp sensor and some fuel, that's a great bargain.

So my questions are,

1, Is there anything that's a must to get with these?

2, I've heard of people saying that the fuel lines are too close to the gear and need moving, is that true?

3, Ialso have heard of tiny pebbles ruining gears right away? how come they arent sealed? or atleast in a cover like how the slash has a cover even if its plastic over the gears to protect it. Ilive on a street that's decently flat, only a few small grooves, but might hit a small rock like quarter sized, or tiny tiny pebbles, tho the road surface is decently flat, am I going to run into problems with pebbles getting into the gears?

4, this is my first nitro, but I know a decent amount about small gas engine's and how nitro works. Ihave read 200 is about ideal temps for the RS4 3 Evo+.

5, I've been reading a rechargable RXfor the servo and stuff will be a must, no idea where to start looking for that tho and what's a good one.

6, Will I truly need a Fail Safe? I've been reading on those, if they supposedly lose connection and start driving on their own so they don't run into anything, tho I'm not sure with the new ones being 2.4ghz if that's a must if the RX pack is always charged up. Again,I've never had to deal with this to know.

If there's anything else I need to know, let me know, I've done ton's of looking around, and it takes a mix of all combinations to please me, TC4 is a great car, tho most of the bodies you put on it look silly, and 98%of the 1/10th scale on road's don't look as clean and trimmed as the HPIones. Iknow you can make your own bodies and stuff and cut the wheel wells how you want. but most of the time the bodies end up way too far gapped, or are too wide over the bodies or the bodies that were made were made for something else and don't tuck right with the lines. That's my problem with most of the 1/8th scaled on roads, they look horrible, they look like a widebodied fisher price car. However the 1/7th scale OFNA has my attention at the moment too, but there isn't a huge market for 1/7th bodies so that'll be a problem, looks matter just as much as performance to me. And I also have no idea how fast it goes out of the box, Iknow 1/7th and 1/8th will be better for neighborhood roads than 1/10th, but so far from what I've seen the HPIRS4 3 Evo+and the TC4 And a few of the mugens and Sakura's. But with HPI's bodies, and the amount of part support, and the durability from what I've heard about the RS4 3 EVO+'s and the fact that they look VERYrealistic to their scaled counterparts, mixed in with the fact they have a 2 speed transmission has drawn me very close to it. I'm just not that keen on an electric road car, I'm wanting nitro and this seems to be the best bet.

Any input is appreciated.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:11 PM
rx7devil210

Default RE: About to get an RS4 3 Evo+ Have some questions and inquiries.

Yea i got the hpi rs4 3 evo + are you getting the one with the roto start?? And all you have to do is flip the fuel tank around so it wont run into the gears. Ive had that problem and blew a fuel line out but all i did was flip the fuel tank around. So pebbles wont go into the tranny all you have to do is put some duck tape over it problem solved.There is a way to set the failsafe, all you have to do is read the manual and set it. Thats all i can help you with hope it helped.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:36 PM
Themadcat945

Thanks for the reply, I saw a new onroad RCpost hadn't been made in 2 days was kinda worried noone was gonna reply lol.
Is the one I'll be getting - http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBJUL&P=7<pre>2.4GHz 3-ch radio, Roto-Start & battery, wall charger, 10 AABatteries, fuel bottle, glow starter w/battery, instructions,glow plug and wrench.I'm guessing that's the good one since it comes with roto-start?</pre>
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXZZD1&P=ML -

that's a reciever/transmitter combo, From what I'm reading that reciever/transmitter has a failsafe, tho it's not listed in the discription.
Also the flysky transmitters look good for the price But I've read only a few of them have fail safe.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:24 PM
rx7devil210

Your going to have to get a better glow plug starter because the one you put the battery in one sucks.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:42 PM
rx7devil210

Yea the roto start works great you dont have to worry about any pulling and breaking strings.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:47 PM
Car-Tune

To fIx the issue with the fuel line being too close to the pinion gear can be fixed by using a servo spacer. You'll place it in the rear end of the fuel tank, unscrew the tank and place the spacer between the tank an the post then screw it down. Place it to position where you will place the fuel line between the spur gear casing.

If you need better explanation or photos I will help you out.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:19 PM
rx7devil210

@ carboy yea pictures would be nice?? Can you post some up?