Brent Davis

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default OFFICIAL OFNA DM-1 THREAD #2

Well since the mods said that another thread could be made and just link the old one......Here goes......jus hope thisone does't go crazy. Sad to see a thread locked an the original creator had nothing to do with it getting locked. What a shame.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7312977/tm.htm
Old 11-25-2012, 08:48 AM
PrjctStrtFrce
My Feedback: (10)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: OFFICIAL OFNA DM-1 THREAD #2

Well since the official thread had a mix of DM1 and Kyosho topics, I will post about my new IGT2RS.

I recently purchased one online and when I received it, the front two wheel cut outs in the body were cut wrong by about 1/4 of an inch, which causes both of the wheels to bind on the body in any position. Also, the front shock tower seems tweaked, along with the front body mount. Those two tweaked items do not explain the body being cut wrong. For such expensive bodies, the craftsmanship in this one was horrible. The light buckets aren't too secure, there's paint missing on the spoiler, and the wheel wells aren't cut properly. Kyosho is definitely getting a phone call on Monday and I would hope that they would make it right by sending me replacement parts.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:18 PM
MiamizFinest

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

So I just read over the old thread.....and yea......how that happen is anyone's guess, anyway what's new in the world of DM-1? There's one on YouTube 120+mph which is pretty impressive. How's the dm-1 hold up against the cobra gt at your local tracks??? I can only assume the cobra is kicking major butt.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:00 AM
rondondo

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The old thread was burned due to my dislike of the warrior body not to say it doesn't work well just a general style dislike of it anyone seen the new gtv2 it looks nice
Old 12-04-2012, 04:11 AM
oskygt

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Looks like a DM-1 on steriods.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:24 AM
HerrSavage

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I still have my DM-1(and a brand new roller in the box, which I got at the same time for cheap..), and now that Serpent and Team C and co. all have new GT's out, I won't be selling mine.. - wouldn't get anything for it.. Next year I hope to finally get a .28 in it. The .21's and even the Mach 427's I had in it just didn't really get it done.. If I'm lucky Santa will bring me a Picco Boost .28 pullstart. I want to run a Losi Spinstart so I can also use the engine in my LST2's, and also not have to share the startbox with my SC8 and now RC8T, which was a pain... Cold miserable awful dark wet grey winter now though... [&o]

BTW, am also running my balded-out SC8 wheels/tires, for more top-speed. All those Rally-game tires I bought when I first got my DM-1 have too small a diameter.. Sure, great for a short track, etc.., but lame for top-speed, which is what I care about most..

And as always, I still think the DM-1 has a stupid clutch-bell design, which requires the 3mini-bearing mod in the front of the bell... After a while, sometimes those bearings grenade and just won't come out, ruining what is for me a hard to find and expensive clutch bell. I wish for ex. I could somehow run an LST2 CB... Aside from the stupid CB though, the rest of the car is really excellent quality. Il ove Hong Nor/Ofna plastic and shock quality...
Old 12-04-2012, 03:13 PM
oskygt

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Have you tried ceramic bearings, expensive, but man do they last a long time.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:33 PM
iexion

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

As for my 1/7 DM1 Ive pretty much gotten my guess work down to using the crt.5 electric motor mount so I can convert my DM1 to Electric. I never was able to get a solid answer on what buggy/truggy to look at and use the motor mount off it for my DM1.

Thinking i will end up buying another 150a hobbywing combo and throw it into the DM1
Old 12-04-2012, 06:01 PM
rondondo

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I want the speed of electric out of nitrogen engine
Old 12-04-2012, 09:36 PM
MiamizFinest

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: HerrSavage

I still have my DM-1(and a brand new roller in the box, which I got at the same time for cheap..), and now that Serpent and Team C and co. all have new GT's out, I won't be selling mine.. - wouldn't get anything for it.. Next year I hope to finally get a .28 in it. The .21's and even the Mach 427's I had in it just didn't really get it done.. If I'm lucky Santa will bring me a Picco Boost .28 pullstart. I want to run a Losi Spinstart so I can also use the engine in my LST2's, and also not have to share the startbox with my SC8 and now RC8T, which was a pain... Cold miserable awful dark wet grey winter now though... [&o]

BTW, am also running my balded-out SC8 wheels/tires, for more top-speed. All those Rally-game tires I bought when I first got my DM-1 have too small a diameter.. Sure, great for a short track, etc.., but lame for top-speed, which is what I care about most..

And as always, I still think the DM-1 has a stupid clutch-bell design, which requires the 3mini-bearing mod in the front of the bell... After a while, sometimes those bearings grenade and just won't come out, ruining what is for me a hard to find and expensive clutch bell. I wish for ex. I could somehow run an LST2 CB... Aside from the stupid CB though, the rest of the car is really excellent quality. Il ove Hong Nor/Ofna plastic and shock quality...

Dum question, you cant use the clutch bells from the HPI RS4 and matching pinion gears??? I used them on my Inferno GT years ago with great success. Is there anything stoping you from using that?
Old 12-04-2012, 09:41 PM
HerrSavage

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

oskygt, no I haven't tried ceramic, but I guess I will on my newest CB I just got.. So dumb though that you have to assume (based on what I have seen) that any bearings you put in might never come out...

Miamiz, never heard of that.. Wish I had a LHS so I could go take a look.. Anybody else tried that?

I wonder if the Ofna pinions would fit an LST CB?.. Doubt it..
Old 01-05-2013, 12:01 PM
DK McGee

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

how to space the 3 bearing mod on the clutch bell on the dm1??? im blowing out the Avid bearing (5x8) please help
Dave
Old 01-05-2013, 12:29 PM
HerrSavage

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You need the small extender that comes with the Ofna shim kit. Google "ofna shim kit" and look at some pics - you should see it... It's a small extension for the shaft.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:03 PM
On2_n_On4

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXNT03
Old 01-06-2013, 05:59 AM
DK McGee

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Awsome Thanks a million, Iaccually made aextention yesterday on the lathe too run 2 in the front going to do a club race today will see if it works. Thanks again Iwill order that part !
Dave
Old 01-06-2013, 06:00 AM
DK McGee

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks for the part #...............Dave
Old 01-15-2013, 05:40 PM
DK McGee

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Just a heads up 2- 5x8mmbearings in the front of the clutchbell worked awsome. Ran all day with not 1 issue with the CB.