Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

RC 10 GT conversion to on road

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 09:25 PM
babijv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC 10 GT conversion to on road

I have an old RC10 GT that I would like to convert to an on road car. I was thinking of using the old RC 10 front and rear suspension arms in order to bring the tires closer in to the chassies. Iam not sure if this will work. I was wondering if there is someone that has tried to do this and woulden mind sharing how he or she did it. Thank you.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:16 PM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: RC 10 GT conversion to on road

rather than buggy arms, why not go with the associated dual sport (rc10ds) arms and shafts?
Old 01-10-2013, 04:30 PM
babijv

I was thinking of doing what you suggested . The problem is I cant find any dual sport arms for the RC10. But there are a whole lot of the buggy arms available on E-Bay. If you would happen to know where I could purchase these arms I would appreciate the info. Thank you for the help.
Old 07-07-2013, 03:31 PM
bigbarraza

I did this with mine years ago. I had the first rc10gt "RTR" that came out. I used the blue (rpm?) a-arms and shock towers to set it low (more adjustments). I also used a different offset wheel to bring the tires inward to the chassis and over the arms. I had some nice low profile street tread tires in the rear and it did very well onroad. The only thing is it needs another gear.