RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Parts availability for nitro TC3

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 07:52 AM
foreverrc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parts availability for nitro TC3

Hello
I'mtrying to decide between the Team Associated nitro TC3or the nitroHPI RS4. Is there more part support for one over the other?

Thank you
Old 06-03-2013, 03:40 PM
GT100
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Parts availability for nitro TC3

Both cars are still sold by those companies so I'd have to think that availability should be the same.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:27 PM
Sixtysixdeuce

A lot of the parts are interchangeable between 1/10 cars (shocks, tires, etc). I do think the TC3 has a bit more aftermarket support, though. It's been around for quite some time.

Best thing to do is hop on eBay and see what's out there for yourself. Check out asiatees.com, too.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:50 AM
foreverrc

Thank you for the responses. Do these on-road cars need a very smooth street surface, or will they run okay in a parking lot?
Old 06-04-2013, 10:00 AM
GT100
My Feedback: (1)

Both cars will be great for parking lot running since both choices are shaft driven so small rocks ruining your day won't be an issue. Both cars have been around for about 10 years and parts are highly available. I'd probably check with my local hobby shop and see which is easier to get or which they carry.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:55 PM
Sixtysixdeuce

Both cars will be great for parking lot running since both choices are shaft driven so small rocks ruining your day won't be an issue.
Oh, the gears will get plenty chewed up if there's a lot of course sand, as there usually is. I run almost exclusively in parking lots, and both pinion and spur gears are pretty trashed after 2-3 hours actual run time.

The design of these cars is just such that a lot of debris gets kicked up inside and bounces around under the body. Not much you can do about it. I've made top and bottom gear covers from sheet aluminum, and it helps, but they still get tore up.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:42 PM
Jerrie_NitroRacer

What would be a good nitro .12 engine to race with on track with the nitro tc3? Anyone?
Old 07-02-2013, 02:22 PM
nastyboys727

99.99%of the world is metric now days the other .1% s team Associated and with the huge wheel nuts some wheels are out the window for them
so step up to 20013 and get with the metric leave the sae back in the 70's ya dig