RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

RS4 3 18SS back from hibernation

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 04:41 PM
Carabidae

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS4 3 18SS back from hibernation

Hi,
I bought the RS4 back in 2008, used it twice then I stored it. I got it out of the box today, so I would like to know what to do before attempting to start it.
Also, knowing that I misplaced the starter and glow. I used to have the easy starter with the long pin. So if there are any recommendations for the missing parts please chime in.
Thank you.

Old 08-08-2015, 12:47 AM
Anthoop

Radio system- ensure old batteries have not leaked if left in...replace batteries....check all connections....check servo functions and failsafe.

Fuel system- Remove fuel tank from car and rinse through with fresh fuel....replace fuel lines (note clear lines are better so you can see what is happening).....

Engine- replace air filter...remove carb. needles and clean/flush through with fresh fuel.....few drops of after run oil or light oil in glow plug hole...ensure engine rotates smoothly.

General- ensure all parts like steering/suspension/diffs/etc. operate as they should...check for any lose nuts/bolts/screws....would not hurt to lube any bearings.

Sorry I can not help with the starter issue but I am sure a quick look on Google will give you the part numbers you need.
Have fun.
Old 08-11-2015, 05:29 PM
Carabidae

Noted

Got all the parts missing on order. will be updating soon!
Old 09-16-2015, 06:13 PM
Carabidae

Did the work, was new to me and messy. cleaned the nitro tank, changed the tubes, plug. bought a starter and glow. it took some time to fire it up, but it was as new!
First time driving it was a mess.. went into some barriers on the sidewalk. broke a rear link.
The second time, with new clutch shoe was a different experience. the car was fast.. I mean really fast. but still I think the clutch didn't hold well, it takes some time to hold speed. correct me if I'm wrong, a racing clutch would do the trick?
but I loved that nitro rush, maybe a T3.0 soon?
How many times can a nitro be driven a night..? let it cool between each drive?
Old 09-18-2015, 07:40 PM
Carabidae

I don't what really happened, I drove it tonight and all was well. until it spun and doesn't want to go forward. the engine keeps running and accelerate but the car is still.
stopped it, the I tried spinning the wheels front ok, but to the back it was blocking.
dunno if its normal or is there something wrong. will recharge my starter battery and try firing it up.