Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Losi SCT need help

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 07:26 AM
Deeman1970

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Losi SCT need help

my losi 10 SCT has never run right from new i have only got about 1/2 tank through it it has locked up on me chewed through a spur gear and the motor will only turn one way and almost gets stuck when turned by hand any help
Old 08-31-2015, 11:27 AM
cbaker65

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New engines are hard to break in for Newbs.There is 3 things that could help the pain on you & your engine!

1.Pre-heat engine with a heat source,like a blow dryer.This heats up the piston & sleeve due to the tight fit.
2,loosen up the glo-plug to relieve some of the compression.tighten back up after engine starts,an you remove glo-igniter.
3.Turn your Hsn setting clockwise a 1/4 of a turn,to cut back some fuel flow.richen this back up after engine starts.

Make sure the truck is off the ground on blocks,an throttle the engine in short pulls of the trigger to keep engine running,an to clear out the loaded
up fuel.
As far as the gear,you will have to order a new one....