Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Rs4 brakes

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2016, 05:09 PM
Falcon_F7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rs4 brakes

Since hpi discontinued the fiberglass disk brakes what are we going to use in its place?
Old 07-04-2016, 04:05 PM
Booins

I have been running this in my RS4 for a while now with no problems...

https://www.amazon.com/HPI-Racing-87160-Fiberglass-Brake/dp/B000BM7ONI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1467677055&sr=8-1&keywords=%2387160+-+FIBERGLASS+BRAKE+DISK
Old 07-05-2016, 06:42 AM
Falcon_F7

Yeah but hpi discotuned those.

i tried brakes disks off a savage with spacers and it worked until the got really hot and melted the top of the trans cover.
Old 07-05-2016, 07:21 AM
Booins

My RS4 is discontinued.. Doesn't mean you cant buy it or find parts for it. You just have to look a little harder.
Old 07-05-2016, 08:05 AM
Falcon_F7

Originally Posted by Booins
My RS4 is discontinued.. Doesn't mean you cant buy it or find parts for it. You just have to look a little harder.
So is mine. But I just noticed that there getting harder to find. And given that I have a aftermarket o.s engine with a lighten flywheel and racing clutch and the widest gearing I could get... I go through brakes a lot.
the way I race it does not help too. I'm going back form top speed to not almost instantly.

just thought I'd ask what everyone will/is using.

i think I'll use the top of a gpm gearbox case and steel on still brakes. It works grate but they run hot and melt the gearbox case were the screws go into. So a metal case might help.
Old 07-05-2016, 08:10 AM
Booins

The first link I showed you is the discontinued brakes for $8... Isn't that what you're looking for? Buy a couple if you go through a lot of brakes.
Old 07-05-2016, 08:17 AM
Falcon_F7

No I'm not looking for anything, I was just asking what everyone is going to do when they get too scares. Oh and I'll go through a fiberglass one in day on my rs4 racing rc car. But they do good on my basher.

edit your line shows one available for like 23$