Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

The Silent Serpent Killer!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 09:19 PM
rchabits

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Silent Serpent Killer!

Guys, Im continuing my progress for those of you who were following and supporting my project (97% of the guys who replied on my other post) so that you can see the end. Dont worry, I'Ve emailed the moderator and were good to go on working on this project. For the speed fanatics,we dominated 06' now we goin right back!!!

Quick updates:

-Unofficial Weight came In- Just alittle over 4 lbs(That is a fishin scale,I know,but you gotta do what u gotta do!)
-Camcorder just arrived- SONY Hi-Def 40GB HD(time fo us sum filmin
-New F1 Body just came in(much better than the one pictured!!!)
-Lastly, 350Z Just arrived(will run against F-777GT aka.(gunmetal, aka. Serpent Killer) to see how a mediocre IGT Stacks up against a Real Super Car

Enjoy the pics

Old 11-20-2007, 09:25 PM
ferrarimk13

Default RE: The Silent Serpent Killer!

yes, first post on this new thread, was is the first picture showing? and are there pics with the F1 body on?
Old 11-20-2007, 09:36 PM
rchabits

First picture is showing me weighing the car with a hand Fish scale and as you can see it alittle over the 4lb mark.I will post picks of the new F body soon.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:53 PM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

97 percent were supporters? u shure its not the other way around?

I can't wait to see thing little video
Old 11-20-2007, 11:33 PM
rchabits

ORIGINAL: MiamizFinest

97 percent were supporters? u shure its not the other way around?

I can't wait to see thing little video
LOL, anyway ill post pics of the body and my camcorder tomorow.peace cuz
Old 11-20-2007, 11:52 PM
ProRCRacer88

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_61..._7/key_/tm.htm
1) what happened to the black rims you had on the car?
2) what happened to the jammin pipe you had on the car? the pipe in the pics above is clearly not jammin pipe because the end of it is different because theres an extension on it and you cant fit extensions on jammin pipes the way the exaust tip is made.
3)did you decide to change controllers? the antenna on the car in the other tread was black and short, and the one above is blue and longer and matches the calsonic body.

just want to know..
Old 11-21-2007, 02:08 AM
Serpentd

Dude, where are you getting the F1 boddy from to fit this thing? I would love to have an F1 body dude. Also, are you going to reveal your cool shock set up as well. I will give you the benefit of the doubt here and not pre-judge you and your skills or talents. They might be lacking in a few areas (Math or how to figure out final drive was the main one, but lots of people don't know how to do this simple rollout equation) so I'm not dissin you bro. Just curious on the F1 body and the inboard shocks. Also, what will this F1 body fit? Like the IGT cars only, or maybe other type 1/8th scales. I just love F1 and would die to have a body on either my older IGT (Lanmax) or one of my 1/8 scale buggies. You did pretty good getting that weight down. Is that weight with ALL your equipment in other then body and fuel? Like radio stuff, battery etc? Just curious, keep up the work, slowly but surely. One thing for sure, your not a QUITER!!! I also hear you live in CO, so do I. I live in Evans near Greeley. But am always in Denver, the Springs, Fort Collins etc. Where you at if you don't mind sharing. Anyway, good luck on your project dude. Persistance just might pay off.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:25 AM
MiamizFinest

what are you gonig to compare it to a inferno gt...........i thought the thread was called SERPENT KILLER not inferno killing another inferno............ofcourse ur axe roosi will blow away a stock inferno the stock inferno sucks...........

run a serpent and see what happens........

also i serously dout ur car is 4 pounds........a stock RS4 is 4 pound and its half the size of ur car............ur car has to be around 6 pound
Old 11-21-2007, 12:21 PM
rchabits

ORIGINAL: ProRCRacer88

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_61..._7/key_/tm.htm
1) what happened to the black rims you had on the car?
2) what happened to the jammin pipe you had on the car? the pipe in the pics above is clearly not jammin pipe because the end of it is different because theres an extension on it and you cant fit extensions on jammin pipes the way the exaust tip is made.
3)did you decide to change controllers? the antenna on the car in the other tread was black and short, and the one above is blue and longer and matches the calsonic body.

just want to know..
No the bluee 350z in the pictures is not serpent killer,it is just a new regular inferno gt that i just purchased to run against gunmetal that is why everything is so different.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:40 PM
MiamizFinest

The cars name is gun metal.........lol funny........

why didnt u buy a serpent to race against it????........
Old 11-21-2007, 12:43 PM
ProRCRacer88

I thought you were going to run it against a serpent, whats the point of running it against a rtr? can you get pics of the serpent you will be running against?
Old 11-21-2007, 12:46 PM
Serpentd

I asked dude (rchabits) what part of Colorado he's from. I live in CO too. I have the Serpent 960 '07, 2002 and 2005 Slide and the new MOTONICA. And I will race him both on a straightaway and on the track. He just never answered my questions to my post. You pick ANY car you want me to run and I will race you. If you want I also have in Sedan the G4S and the Serpent 720 if he would rather do that. Makes NO difference to me. It's all for fun, but I'll show him how fast these cars really are if he wants.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:24 PM
Serpentd

Here is a pic of the 960 and the engine I will use. So just let me know the time and day. I'm free this weekend, although it's cold and snowing right now. Bummer man. Well, when it gets nicer anyway.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82734.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	134.5 KB
ID:	808708   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy79746.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	808709   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hm24576.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	808710   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pj19305.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	808711   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gr92928.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	808712  
Old 11-21-2007, 01:27 PM
MiamizFinest

ORIGINAL: Serpentd

I asked dude (rchabits) what part of Colorado he's from. I live in CO too. I have the Serpent 960 '07, 2002 and 2005 Slide and the new MOTONICA. And I will race him both on a straightaway and on the track. He just never answered my questions to my post. You pick ANY car you want me to run and I will race you. If you want I also have in Sedan the G4S and the Serpent 720 if he would rather do that. Makes NO difference to me. It's all for fun, but I'll show him how fast these cars really are if he wants.

im just wating for the video.....i can get my hands on a bone stock inferno gt just to compare.....ima let him post his little video when he is done.......ill post a video of ONE OF MY inferno gts..........and lets see what he says....

on a side note.........i got a spare ninja 21 offroad laying around with a onroad header and pipe...i did a jato project with it that failed BIG TIME.....so now i go tthe motor laying around with no where to go........i think depending one what kinda cost id be looking at i mgiht built a 1/8 scale serpent for the hell of it gear it up a bit for top end speed and have run with it........not a 960 but something like a 950, or 950R something i can get cheap and still get parts for....
Old 11-21-2007, 01:47 PM
Serpentd

ORIGINAL: Serpentd

im just wating for the video.....i can get my hands on a bone stock inferno gt just to compare.....ima let him post his little video when he is done.......ill post a video of ONE OF MY inferno gts..........and lets see what he says....

on a side note.........i got a spare ninja 21 offroad laying around with a onroad header and pipe...i did a jato project with it that failed BIG TIME.....so now i go tthe motor laying around with no where to go........i think depending one what kinda cost id be looking at i mgiht built a 1/8 scale serpent for the hell of it gear it up a bit for top end speed and have run with it........not a 960 but something like a 950, or 950R something i can get cheap and still get parts for....
Dude, I have a spare 960 with LOTS of hopups I will let go for a decent price. I have any size gears for it brand new plus whatever else you would need. PM me if you want. The car has ceramic bearings and all the go fast stuff. Here's a pic.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25470.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	808727  
Old 11-21-2007, 01:52 PM
ProRCRacer88

Serpentd is that the C6 RR? cant tell what it is from the pics, nice 960.

MiFinest, what happened to the jato project, i remember i look into the tread a few times back when it was only 2-4 pages long and everything seemed to be going good.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:15 PM
Serpentd

Well, the one in the car is the C6 yes. The other pic of just the engine is an EB modded Xenon R. I haven't raced this engine yet, but the C6 is usually more then enough power just stock. It's fast dude! I think you know if you recognize the engines. But I am stoked to break out that Modded Xenon R. Probably for the Winter nats in Florida.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:16 PM
MiamizFinest

ORIGINAL: ProRCRacer88

Serpentd is that the C6 RR? cant tell what it is from the pics, nice 960.

MiFinest, what happened to the jato project, i remember i look into the tread a few times back when it was only 2-4 pages long and everything seemed to be going good.
i came out good looked nice but the motor was way to much for the car even with the gearing i was running and let me tell u my gearing was TALL if u go to the thread u can check it out my projected top speed should have bein liek 120 MPH........

but when i actually ran it i couldnt control it past 60 MPH........no matter how slow id open up the carb the motor would create a burst of power and make the foam wheels peal out even with a 200 foot roll out........i lost control of crashed it.........wasnt that bad jsut needs a new shock tower but after that i lost interest so i ripped the motor off and im going to mount it somewhere else
Old 11-21-2007, 04:37 PM
Anthoop

i came out good looked nice but the motor was way to much for the car even with the gearing i was running and let me tell u my gearing was TALL if u go to the thread u can check it out my projected top speed should have bein liek 120 MPH........

but when i actually ran it i couldnt control it past 60 MPH........no matter how slow id open up the carb the motor would create a burst of power and make the foam wheels peal out even with a 200 foot roll out........i lost control of crashed it.........wasnt that bad jsut needs a new shock tower but after that i lost interest so i ripped the motor off and im going to mount it somewhere else
Well,i think it was worked out to be 107mph theorectical.
I still think we could of worked out a way to release and contain that power...would of liked to see how fast it would of gone but it's up to you.
Now how about putting that motor in your Super RS4?Now that i'd like to see.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:54 PM
MiamizFinest

now i already have a motor in my super nitro a MEGA 21 onroad..........

there was probably something i was missing but honestly i didnt like the whole 2WD thing.........either oh well i tryed it failed NEXT ONE!!!
Old 11-21-2007, 04:58 PM
ferrarimk13

wow Serpentd, you have a super collection, with all the cars i like, lol. do yopu hvae any pics of you G4S? i would love to see it. 4 pounds is light! but how did you get it so light anyways?
Old 11-21-2007, 05:13 PM
Anthoop

there was probably something i was missing but honestly i didnt like the whole 2WD thing.........either oh well i tryed it failed NEXT ONE!!!
Ok,so how about you swallow your pride and try a Schumacher Fusion?....and hey don't be funny with me it's just a thought!
Old 11-21-2007, 05:49 PM
MiamizFinest

ORIGINAL: Anthoop

Ok,so how about you swallow your pride and try a Schumacher Fusion?....and hey don't be funny with me it's just a thought!

the fusions suck man.........they got alot of drag on the drive train that makes it really hard to get them moveing jsut like the RS4 3 (shaft ones)......
Old 11-21-2007, 06:05 PM
Anthoop

Yes i know that...but there are easy fixes to reducing the drag....trim and soak the belt.More advanced fixes would mean making new parts.
Just trying to give you a harder project.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:19 PM
ferrarimk13

damn, i still want that engine head that comes on the new fusions, ahh, its so nice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.