RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

First time nitro rc car owner...

Old 01-01-2019, 01:37 PM
kajaalyo

Default First time nitro rc car owner...

Hello,
I bought 1:8 nitro rc car, I can`t identify it, but I will upload photos later (I`m also new to this forum and I can`t upload until I have 10 posts), if someone could identify it.
It has SH Engines M21-P3 engine, 4WD, Toyota Celica mk 2 shell, A2-RX SPORT III reciever, A2-STX SPORT III controller, futaba s3003 servos.

I have hard time tuning the carb... I`m new to nitro, but I am a car mechanic and I am used to tuning 2 stroke engines.
It`s around 8C where I live, is this too cold for nitro engine and could cause the problem?
I understand that I must prime the engine first, start with factory settings for both needles (in my case both needles need to be flat with the housing, 1mm gap for idle), I had also fixed air leaks (hoses, carb & exhaust gaskets, pull start plate).
I know that I must tune it a bit rich and then lean it out and that it must smoke thru rev range...
I`m using starter box for cranking, sometimes it starts right up, sometimes I have to play with HSN in order to get it running.
When I get it running, I have to richen the mixture with HSN, because it bogs and cuts out on WOT. Sometimes I can tune it to go well on WOT, sometimes I can`t.
After solving the WOT problem, I have to play with LSN to adjust bottom end, sometimes I can, but sometimes I can`t adjust the bottom end...

After adjusting it and driving it for couple of minutes, I have to adjust it again, because it starts bogging on WOT...
When I run out of fuel, after filling it and priming it, I have to play with HSN again in order to get it started and then ofcourse tune HSN & LSN to get it drivable...

I have to tune it every time before driving and every couple of minutes when driving...

Thank you for help, English is not my first language, I hope I wrote it understandable

Happy new year

Last edited by kajaalyo; 01-01-2019 at 01:39 PM.