Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Revo 3.3 engine

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2019, 01:46 PM
56belair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revo 3.3 engine

Can anyone recommend a place online to get a revo 3.3 motor? Some place that will do a swap for my worn down engine?

I have a choice, buy a new motor, or go all electric. I want all electric, can only afford a motor

Please advise

Paul
Parker, CO
Old 12-03-2019, 07:56 AM
D3MON

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

how bad of shape is the piston/sleeve in? there are a few companies that will re-pinch the piston sleeve its not quite as good as a new engine but will get you rolling again inexpensively, just remember you will have to re-break it in. rayaracing has been recommended to me multiple times for their re-pinch service and its right around 25$.
i dont know of any company that will straight up swap you, i know Traxxas has an engine replacement deal but thats still around 110$.
there is the option of swapping to a SH.18, can find those new on ebay for around 60-70$, or even an upgrade to a dynamite .19 mach 2 for 110$.
could also attempt to sell and buy an electric.
Old 12-07-2019, 02:52 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 77 Likes on 70 Posts

Dollar for dollar, you cannot beat a Novarossi. I’m sure some have seen me say this before, but is for good reason. I’ve run piles of Traxxas and SH/Dynamite engines. While they run fine and do the job, higher quality is worth the money. Dollars are what you pay, value is what you get. A $110 engine that lasts 4-6 gallons and is a little finickier to tune versus a $140 engine that can last 10+ gallons easily AND be heaps easier to tune is a worthwhile consideration.

I put a Nova 28-8RT in my Losi LST2. The first time I drove the truck with the new engine, I knew immediately that the Nova .28 would blow the doors completely off the SH .28 it replaced. Sure, both will pull wheelies. But the Nova could do a standing backflip and land back on the tires. The SH couldn’t dream of doing that even though the engines cost virtually the same.

A stock 3.3 would get eaten for lunch against a stock Nova 2.5SC.
The following users liked this post:
KyoshoKid87 (01-27-2020)
Old 12-24-2023, 06:44 PM
Donnie26

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stay nitro!!
Old 12-25-2023, 08:05 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 77 Likes on 70 Posts

That’s easy to do in my house!! 5 nitro trucks, 5 planes, and 7 or 8 boats.