Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

How to adjust Rs4 2 speed

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2003, 08:30 PM
soccerismylife

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to adjust Rs4 2 speed

How can you adjust the two speed for the RS4 SS? There are two holes on the disc thing and one has the shift adjustment screw. How do you know which is which?
Old 11-10-2003, 02:11 AM
stephen5886

Default RE: How to adjust Rs4 2 speed

there are two holes in the two speed tranny. One hole is directly down which is the screw u dont touch and the other screw is kinda angled and thats the one you want to adjust. hard to tell at first but ull see it
Old 11-11-2003, 12:05 AM
Mclarenhpi

I too had this problem So what your saying is that one of the screws is for adjust the two speed I undestand that part. But for the other screw, I think I loosedned mine, Should I tighten the other screw all the way(no the adjustable shift point one). And just to help me out, Could I just take one of the screws out and see which one has the spring it, would this damge the product.
Thanks, Sam
Old 11-11-2003, 12:10 AM
fastfred
My Feedback: (4)

Just check the instructions. HPI might even have the sheet as a PDF for download.

I put a 2spd in my SNR (Super Nitro Rally) and I believe its the same setup. The center-most screw is the set screw (make this tight, and use threadlock.) The outward screw (with the spring and ball) sets the shift point. I think the stock settting is 3 or 3 1/2 turns out on the SNR/MT 2 Speed. Again, check the HPI site, or your instructions, to confirm.

ff
Old 11-11-2003, 12:32 AM
NitroNostrils

[link=http://www.hpiracing.com/graphics/instr/a297.gif]2 speed adjustments[/link]