Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

why is it that the 15 enigne in the new cen is faster than the 16 enigne in the gx1?

Community
Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

why is it that the 15 enigne in the new cen is faster than the 16 enigne in the gx1?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2003, 03:42 PM
neap38

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why is it that the 15 enigne in the new cen is faster than the 16 enigne in the gx1?

why is it that the 15 enigne in the new cen is faster than the 16 enigne in the gx1? IM CONFUZZLED

take a look for ure self at... www.cenracing.com
Old 12-09-2003, 04:00 PM
Nitroaddict

Default RE: why is it that the 15 enigne in the new cen is faster than the 16 enigne in the gx1?

an engine's size doesnt usually have a bearing on the power output. My .12 modified race engine in my touring car puts out far more power than many .21 big block sport engines. Along those lines, most all .12 race engines will put out far more power than sport .15 and .18 mills. It all has to do with porting, piston and sleeve geometry, and general build quality of the engine.
Old 12-09-2003, 04:02 PM
neap38

Default RE: why is it that the 15 enigne in the new cen is faster than the 16 enigne in the gx1?

lol thanks uve awnsered all my questions soo far
Old 12-22-2003, 02:52 PM
neap38

Default RE: why is it that the 15 enigne in the new cen is faster than the 16 enigne in the <span class=

where can i buy 1 of these race engines? do u have any links? thhhaaaaanks
Old 12-22-2003, 03:02 PM
Nitroaddict

Default RE: why is it that the 15 enigne in the new cen is faster than the 16 enigne in the <span class=

alot of places - be aware that they will cost over 400.00 and be EXTREMELY hard to tune. these engines are for racing only, will not idle for more than a few seconds, will require special fuel, tuning ever hour, and rebuilds several times a year at 150.00 - 300.00 per rebuild. I do not recommend one of these engines for someone your age who is just bashing. The slogan goes....if you have to ask, then you dont need one.
Old 12-22-2003, 04:19 PM
neap38

okedoki...

i race thoe.. im in my schools team there the best in the country this year.
Old 12-27-2003, 01:17 AM
Ghostreaper

i got a Cen CT4-S for christmas from my wife.. I have to say it can get up to speed pretty quick, you can almost use it for drag, plus with the conversion kit coming out soon the CT4 will hit speeds up to 80+ MPH. Thats going to be sweet! But Im new to the forums..Im a 27 yr old Father to be ( OF A BOY!!!!YESSSSS!!!)I'm a R/C fan...My Uncle use to build planes but i like cars..But the CT4-S is fast, but if u wreck like i did(hehe loss control)You'll end up buying alot of rear bulkheads. To bad i cant get a light weight aluminum bulkhead..But other then that the parts are only a couple of dollars...Its just the first buying of the car..Its expensive..$411 dollars and 50 for the nitro Starter kit...But i love it and i plan to go as Fast as possible no matter what..
Old 12-27-2003, 02:11 PM
neap38

lol.

ive heard loads of positive things about the ct4-s sounds like a good car.
im thinking of getting one my self.

im from england and its only £300 here with everything apart from fuel.
Thats about $350
Old 01-15-2004, 03:54 AM
waihiwa2

The CT4 is the fastest ready to run on the maRKET. I know some will argue that the schumacher is faster but All the reviews say otherwise. I think that the underdog (CEN) has the nitro on-road market in the bag for now. Plus the CT4 is actually race competitive.
Old 03-17-2004, 03:49 PM
idezyn
My Feedback: (1)

Just bought a ct4s from ehobbies monday. cant wait to get her broken in to see if she really doest 70+..[>:]