Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

give a newbie a hand

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2004, 11:50 AM
nitromorto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default give a newbie a hand

i have just taken my kyosho pure ten alpha for its first run... and i have a few questions 1. after a few corners i rolled all the tyres off the rims, what type of adhesive is best to use? 2. how do i achieve an air tight circuit around the fuel tank / engine / exhaust? and finally 3. i snapped the aerial wire and i need to replace it, is there a particular wire to use or will any do?[:@]
thanks in advance for the replies.
Old 04-09-2004, 05:03 PM
raceme

Default RE: give a newbie a hand

first whats an aerial wire..if your talkin about the antenna you need to either solder a new one on(has to be a right lenght of wire) or buy a new reciever. and to make your engine air tight around the exhaust they have gaskets for that. for the fuel tank you could juss put some type of sealant over the leak.(somthing like shoo goo) and i dont really know how to seal and engine from air leaks..maybe juss replace all gaskets.
Old 04-09-2004, 05:20 PM
newbie003

1)you can use ca glue and glue your tires to the rims so they wont come off
2)do you mean the fuel tubing tht connects from the fuel tank to the carb from the pipe back to the fuel tank?
3)dont understand
Old 04-10-2004, 01:18 AM
nitromorto

thanks guys, firstly i apologise for my terminology. I do mean the antenna not the aerial wire. The air leak seems to be where the fuel tubing that runs back to the fuel tank connects to the muffler, there was some sort of sealant on there (don't know what sort) but after a few minutes of running the seal melted. Any advice for a newbie would be appreciated.
thanks again.
Old 04-10-2004, 02:13 AM
rccartips

For sealing air leaks, use a high-temperature automotive gasket sealant. Mine has a reddish color.

Make sure it is high temperature sealant. I once used a sealant that simply melted in the high heat of a nitro motor, causing air leaks.

For antenna wire, find one that is very similar in thickness to your receiver antenna wire. Also make sure the length is the same as the original.
Old 04-10-2004, 02:14 AM
G35Coupe
Banned

So seal your engine..Buy some Ultra Black RTV Sensor Safe Silicone. Put it all around your carb/motor seal and backplate. Make sure its on there evenly..