Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

DuraTrax Street Force Gp official thread

Community
Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

DuraTrax Street Force Gp official thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 02:02 PM
tamiya
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DuraTrax Street Force Gp official thread

Yes Gab that link is right I am very sorry for posting the wrong link.

So youo are saying that you are sure the front wont fit but the back one will fit?? Right???

and also what is *****.com???

thanks
Old 06-23-2004, 02:53 PM
tamiya

Hey guys what tuned pipe and manifold will fit our street forces??? because first of all the stock manifold has a tiny opening and also I just want a nicer pipe.

Thanks to all.
Old 06-23-2004, 10:15 PM
digi16v

Tam,
the front wont fit but the rear will, read my list. i have them on my car now, complete hpi rear except bulkheads.
you have to change the pins,bearings, and all that stuff.
as for the pipe, any .12 or .15 pipe will fit, but you will need a side exhaust manifold. that is different from a rear exhaust manifold. rb makes a great pipe and manifold.
if you start to get the stuff, check around for prices, see this stuff is almost out dated.
but you will like the look fo the aluminum.
Old 06-24-2004, 10:00 AM
tamiya

So you mean a .12 pipe could go on a .15 engine???
and also what is ****.com???

Thanks
Old 06-24-2004, 10:29 AM
tamiya

Hey gabry I was looking at your cars picks on the first page and I noticed that your exhaust pipe tip is bent into your exhaust.

Look in this picture:

http://www.stratisociali.com/sfgp5.jpg
Old 06-24-2004, 10:29 AM
Militia

I have had my SFGP for a couple months now and I think its a decent car but thats mainly because I never used anything else. Anyways here are my upgrades:

Hitec 605BB High Torque Servo (Steering)
HPI 5 Star wheels
HPI X-Pattern Tires
Aluminum threaded front shocks

I have a question also, my car seems to never wanna go straight, do I need to buy that camber tool? I can get it going straight the first time I go out, but after I take a turn I always gotta tweak the steering back to center.
Old 06-24-2004, 11:27 AM
digi16v

Tam,
if i am correct you can get a .15 to fit, it really all about the manifold, you have to get a side exhaust. i looked at the pic and it just shows thats a side exhaust manifold. they make that manifold for a pullstart and NONp/s, the bend will depend on if its p/s. your stock manifold should be made with a p/s angle. do you know the difference between a side and rear exhaust.
quick help:
side exhaust- is a L shape, carburator to exhaust is a L.
rear exhaust- is a I shape, carburator to exhaust is a i
i hope this helps.
MIL,
its good to see another person with the SFGP, the things about thte steering, i really cant answer that either, i kind of go thru the same thing too, but i also read something that said, steering is a pain,always adjusting. dont know if its just our car or all.
i hope this helps.
post a pic.
Old 06-24-2004, 11:42 AM
tamiya

I can post up a pic of my car here but I don't know how to post them up here.

Thanks,
Old 06-24-2004, 11:50 AM
tamiya

One more thing. Why do people put zip ties around a layer of their cooling head???

Thanks
Old 06-24-2004, 12:29 PM
Militia

Yo Digi are any of your servos digital? Also, from anyone what are some good parts that really make a difference (aka not for looks or strength but performance, dont mention the upgrades I already have). I am sorta on a budget, but right now I got $80 to spend on my car. Also, I will post up a pic once I buy my new car body.
Old 06-24-2004, 04:13 PM
tamiya

Come on you guys, tell me how to post pictures up here so I can post up some picks of my SFGP

Thanks to all
Old 06-24-2004, 05:15 PM
Militia

Just make a geocities site and put them there then copy the link from your geocity site and put it here.
Old 06-24-2004, 09:20 PM
digi16v

Tam,
yeah do what Mil said, or you can do a search, i have seen it just dont know where. anyway
MIL, ther are alot of stuff you can get. with your car they gave you a list of stuff,
what most people do are the bumper and tires about 50 bucks.
the tires give you alot more traction-FOAM
and the bumper when you slam that front. 8( 8)-BIGGER
after that, you should try and get all the stuff. they all make the car either more durable or lighter,
the only real things that will make big changes are the MOTOR, servos, and spur gears.
if you read all hpi rs4 stuff fit the rear but you need everything from hpi- all but the bulkheads.
the front nothing fits.
but like i said everthing on the option list will have a good purpose to replace- looks-durablitiy-performance.
happy shopping......
8)
Old 06-24-2004, 10:45 PM
Militia

Hey Digi could you happen to tell me everything I could buy off of this website that would fit the car? Seems like a good site, but I dont know what is all compatible. http://www.megatech.com/hpi_nitro_rs4.html
Old 06-24-2004, 11:22 PM
digi16v

MIL,
megatech is a nice company, a little expensive but nice parts, anyway you can get any rear a-arm and rear hub. you have to change the cvds to hpi(narrow). the rest of the stuff is not really made for our car, see our car is shorter in length so alot of stuff wont fit because of size. the steering control might fit but it depends on the L shape piece, if it not spaced between the 2 it wont work, check at powerline to see what i am talking about. i used powerline. the wheels will work. front belt tensioner but you have to drill holes for it. like i said before look at my list(page1), i have pretty much did everything you can to it. EVEN found a centax clutch to fit, just need to find some a-arms to fit the front and accept our c-hubs.
i hope this helps.
if you go to radio-control-zone- .com you will see more cars there. they have there own manufacture forum.
Old 06-25-2004, 02:26 AM
Gabry

Hey Militita, nice to meet you, another proud sfgp owner

Tam, i don't understand what you mean when you say " exhaust tip bent....." that pic is very crappy....
For the pics of your sfgp, you can send them to [email protected], i will be happy to put them online
Old 06-25-2004, 07:31 AM
digi16v

Gab, whats new? nothing here, just put in the order for the chassis plate, shoudl be here and on in a about week, i broke that rar bulkhead so i wish i had the aluminum ones, actually i just put them on order, but i am not gonna wait till they get here, i have some spare parts so i will use one of them for now.
i think TAM is talking about how the side exhaust and rear exhaust look different, plus if you have a pull start the manifold is even more bent then the non p/s. on the side exhaust mainfold.
MIL, check out the site INTEGY.COM they have alot of stuff for the hpi/streetforce at a cheaper price.
plus check ebay for hpi stuff.
Old 06-25-2004, 08:02 AM
Gabry

Digi
Nothing new, only some issues with my job, nothing interesting.
How did you broke the rear bulkhead?I broke mine too, a collision with a kyosho mp7.5....then i bought the aluminum ones
Thank you for the "translation" of Tam words....

I'm waiting for some parts , Ofna R2 and ntc3.By the way, just finished broken in of wasp .26, it rocks!Plenty of power and cheap...,
Old 06-25-2004, 10:03 AM
Militia

Ok, thx guys. I was kinda at the crossroads of either chancing by just upgrading and hoping to correct my problems or just sell it and go for my friends Rs4 SS w/ M8 controller. What would u guys recommend? Also Digi, are you saying that if I bought aluminum a arms and hubs I would need to buy the HPI narrow cvds? Plz explain that. THX!
Old 06-25-2004, 05:27 PM
digi16v

MIL,
yeah i had to get the narrow cvd's. i wanted to get the duratrax but i was told to use the hpi or any hpi cvd. dog bones just are stock pieces.
about the car thing, its up to you. it all about what you like and prefer. i am getting a new car/truck/buggy but i want to go bigger 1/8 scale. so i figured that i would stay with this until i go bigger.
but its what you choose.
if you want to get a real car get a serpent,mugen,schumacher. something like that, the price is high but you get professional race ready(not together) car that you can learn alot from or be overwhelmed with toooo much RC thrown at you at one time. what problems do you have?
i hope this helps.
GAB,
i really dont know how i broke my rear, i ran my car the other day and i picked it up to re-fuel and the rear just aint look right, so i looked and WHAM broke. sorry to hear about the job i know how it is. i think that is what TAM is talking about but we wont know till he responds.
thinking about the x-terminator 1/8 scale buggy- sounds good?
or a ducati motorcylce with the nitro motor.?
any suggetions?
talk later.
Old 06-25-2004, 07:12 PM
tamiya

Yep that is exactly what I met.

Hey guys I am really sorry if I am bothering you about this whole TUNED PIPE AND MANIFOLD THING but I just want to ask you, Do you guys know any good pipe and manifold that would slip right on the stock Velicity.15 with a Pull start???. Can you provide the link for it.

Again sorry if I am bothering you, It is just that I am new to this whole nitro thing.

Thanks,
Tam
Old 06-25-2004, 09:21 PM
digi16v

TAM, you are not bothering anyone, we all want toy help you get the best out of your car, at least i do. 8)
i am glad that i helped with the manifold/pipe thing. you know that you can change your motor to a rear exhaust, but having a side exhaust is cool to. are you sure all you want to change is the pipe and manifold, do you think you will be changing the motor anytime soon?, cause if you are maybe you should hold off in getting the new pipe and manifold. you know that you can get just a pipe and use the original manifold.
just trying to help.
ask more ? get more answers.
8)
i am still new but i have spent MANY MANY hours searching this car.
actually trying to find out if serpent clutch(1) will fit w/o sg crankshaft.?
wish me luck????!!!!!
Old 06-25-2004, 09:25 PM
Militia

Hey Tamiya, if you would like my 2 cents I would use that money and upgrade something like your steering servo. I cant remember your other posts, but if your trying to get the most speed out of your car thats fine, but I think you should upgrade everything else before trying to get faster so your car can cope with those high speeds. I know this may make you unhappy or whatever, but seeing how fast the car already goes and your not far along into the R/C world, I would upgrade things to make your car more stable before trying to go blazing fast and your car hit something and POOOF! your set back 50-100 $$$$.
Old 06-25-2004, 09:46 PM
digi16v

MIL,
did you decide on what you were gonna do?
i hope you keep your street force.
8)
Old 06-25-2004, 11:32 PM
Militia

Actually man im going for the rs4 ss, he is giving me a pretty good deal: JR XR3i 3 transmitter & the car of course. He told me he might even through in a Airtronics M8 transmitter which I see are pretty dang expensive all for $170 shipped. If someone is interested in my SFGP please e-mail me at [email protected]. I hate to sell the SFGP, but I dont wanna spend a crazy amount to be an enjoyable experience. I keep you guys posted on what really goes down.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.