Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

DuraTrax Street Force Gp official thread

Community
Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

DuraTrax Street Force Gp official thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2004, 09:09 PM
digi16v

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DuraTrax Street Force Gp official thread

GAB,
can you do me a favor send me pics of TAM car byt before you send them can you please make them smaller, my computer is slow and those pics are to big for me to upload.
MIL,
what kind of needle settings are you looking for?
TAM, did you buy those wheels that came out about 4 months ago.? i am trying to stay away from radials, fo r i like the way that foams performs on our car.
well i need to get this car back together again, maybe i will start tonite.
guys. glad to see that we almost made 100 threads.
LETS KEEP IT GOING!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-30-2004, 10:11 PM
tamiya
My Feedback: (13)

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

101 holy threads I thought this would take forever when I first started the DuraTras Street Force Gp Official Thread
Old 07-01-2004, 08:24 PM
digi16v

i cant believe it either, we made it 100 and it really aint take that long,
TAM i saw your car i had to go to moms house to check it. I like the bumper- what kind of bumper is that on your car? is that from the hpi car?
i want to do the same thing to my car, especially when i get this IMOLA body.
GAB, i saw the pics so you dont have to send to me, thanks anyway. 8)
i hope the job is ok,
i am starting to put my car back together again, but first i want to take the paint off the of the chassis(fake upgrade) 8)
anyway let me stop blabbin.
Old 07-02-2004, 12:21 AM
speedracerman

Ok... well im not gonna lie to you ive neglected rc for the past year and a half n my sfgp has just been sitting there...so last week i order the parts i need at my lhs... Gas tank, manifold screws n pullstart. Do you think i should have them tune the engine since it has not ran in about 1.5 yrs or will it start easier than i expect? Also if i unscrew the screw that tunes the 2 speed counterclockwise it will shift earlier correct?
Old 07-02-2004, 02:39 AM
Gabry

Ciao Speedracerman

Did you put after run oil in your engine when you stored it 1.5 year ago?
'Cause if you did, you shoudn't have any big problems.
If not, i suggest you to disassemble you engine and clean it, to remove all the gummy fuel....
For the 2 speed, you're right, you have to turn counterclockwise to make it shift earlier.

Digi: you should put some hop ups in your pc, instead of uprading your rc cars
Only joking my friend

Tam:Upgrade to aluminum pulleys and foam tires.
Old 07-02-2004, 11:37 AM
speedracerman

Gabry.. I did not use after run oil.. but if i remember correctly i ran the engine until i was out of fuel.. If I did not run the engine until i was out of fuel do you think it would just start up eventually? And if I do have to take it apart do i have to take the whole engine off.. Or can I just take the CoolHead off than remove the piston and sleeve and clean them? Because i really do not want to take the whole engine off, the last thing i did to that car was put a new clutch in and wanted to run it, but i moved and things got all crazy so now i have the need for rc again...
Old 07-02-2004, 05:50 PM
tamiya

Man the foam tires are expensive...

Is any one here planning to sell a box of tires and rims??? I'll buy it.

Thanks,
Tam
Old 07-02-2004, 08:54 PM
digi16v

GAB, ROTFLMAO
actually i got this laptop from a friend about 2 years ago and its time for a new one but i love this thing!!!!!
but i plan on getting a newr one i the next month or 2.
TAM, spend the money for the tires, check ebay for some they be selling them as sets. but the hobby store should sell them around 20 per set, maybe a little less on certain brands.
RACERX
just jokes, just like GAB said if you aint use engine oil, you need to take the motor apart. running the gas empty has nothing with sitting, gunk has been accumilating since first time starting, thats why there is a pre-setup, so your motor can get all lub'd.
now all that stuff has had time to settle and get hard.
oh thanks for joining us and glad to see you are picking your STGP back up.
FYI
about to get this centax clutch put on next week, so hopefully i can give you guys a update next weekend. should have done it for the big weekend. 8(
HELP
looking for some blue aluminum hex hubs(holds tires on) i have purple but i want blue can anyone help with a website or a hobby store?

MIL, everthing ok?
TAM
what bumper is that?
Old 07-03-2004, 11:56 AM
speedracerman

Well i got some good news and bad news.. My car is running but when i did run it i noticed the fuel inlet nozzle was leaking. So i plugged it up with silicone and thats fixed until my lhs places an order.. My car does not seem to want to shift at all i dont know why.. Im gonna play around with the settings today and see if i can get it to shift.. And also how is Byron Fuel?
Old 07-03-2004, 12:56 PM
Stevied53

I'm having a problem with my SFGP. On the tuned exhaust pipe there is a 90 degree brass fitting that connects via a hose to the fuel tank to keep the tank pressurized and the fuel flowing. That fitting has come off and (although it's threaded) either the threads have stripped out of the pipe or possibly a nut (if it ever had one) has fallen off inside the pipe, which I can't access. Any advice that would help me get it back on would be greatly appreciated. Thanx...
Old 07-03-2004, 04:07 PM
speedracerman

At first my car was not shifting into 2nd gear.. .but now its not moving at all.. if it does move it moves less than an inch than stalls.. I just recently installed a clutch and believe it is installed wrong. What is the proper way to uninstall it than tell if i need a new one or just put the one i have in the right way??
Old 07-03-2004, 06:20 PM
speedracerman

Ok.. Well i just finished running my car.. Its running good except for the fact after about a tank when i hit the brakes it would stall.. I noticed the carb closes completely now when i hit the brakes why??? i cant win with these things.. Another thing i noticed is the 2 speed still is not shifting, but are both gears supposed to be moving at the same time because mine are? And what screws is it that adjusts the shift point the 1st or 2nd screw thats inside of the 2 speed because there is 2 and im not positive on which one it is... Please help this is why i stoppped in the first place.. All the problems i run into..[&o]
Old 07-03-2004, 11:02 PM
digi16v

RACERX
i think it has to do with your clutch not being properly installed, what does your LHS charge to get it tuned, cause you can take them it and tell them to tune it, they can check the clutch for you.
STEVIE
i have a original tuned exhaust pipe that you can take off my hands for 10 bucks. there is nothing wrong with it, i changed motor and pipe at once.
FYI
just picked up the RRP 39teeth pully and i will be putting it on the front but i need to get new bearing for the pully, LHS was out. DARN!!!!!!!!!
so the list keeps growing.
drive safe this weekend!!!!!!
[sm=punching.gif][sm=bananahead.gif]
Old 07-03-2004, 11:37 PM
speedracerman

WEll i rather do the clutch on my own just because i want to get to know my car a little better... Unless it is that hard.. I did half of it correct so it cant be hard to do the rest...
Old 07-04-2004, 12:29 AM
z style

i used to have this car it was a great car untill it got a mind of its own and started brakeing everytime i took it out. seemed to me like it was unbalanced like the right back and left front would wobble back and forth on level surface. one upgrade that was needed was the stock front shocks. i got hpi shocks and it helped alot since the stock were so stiff. i recommed anybody that hasnt gotting aluminum pulleys from hpi shoudl come in a set of 4 get them because those plastic ones after a while will start to wear. also hpi v-pattern tires are an excelent upgrade from the stock tires. its nice to see that duratrax made sfgp 2 and worked out some bugs.
Old 07-04-2004, 09:23 AM
digi16v

STYLEZ
thanks for dropping in, what do you drive now? yeah it is cool that they came out with a sSFGP2 so far noone has the car but we here are all hoping that someone soon will join.
RACERX
the clutch is a tricky thing, i myself dont plan to mess with that part till winter, when it wont matter if it s runnign right or not so for now when i get this centax clutch put on i am taking it to the hobby store,(dont want a frustrated summer cause i cant run my car) anyway dont worry you will figure it out, have you check on the hpi thread or just ask the basic question on here? i am sure someone can help you.
HAPPY 4TH!!!!!![8D][:-]
Old 07-04-2004, 07:25 PM
tamiya

Do you guys think thyat I should run my car when it is 90 degrees out side???, I really want to but I think the motor would get over heated wouldn't it???

Thanks to all,
Tam
Old 07-04-2004, 10:42 PM
digi16v

TAM,
it should be ok to run your car in that temp. weather, but after at least 30 minutes of run let it sit for a few minutes(10-15) just so that things can really cool off, alot if traxs are set up in hot temp weather, and usually nitro car runs last for a minute.
how did you get the body mounts to fit in your bumper??
i wanna do that to my car when i am the zola body.
just asking,
FYI
just went FM and it feels the same, except my remote does alot more, i waste a hole tank just trying to learn the dials. I LIKE......
now i just have to figure out the throttle. its not set right. gotta adjust., plus i stretched my front belt so its time to take ack apart and put back together again, but this time change EVERYTHING.
darn car. [8(]
Old 07-06-2004, 09:17 PM
Stevied53

I'm having a problem with my SFGP. On the tuned exhaust pipe there is a 90 degree brass fitting that connects via a hose to the fuel tank to keep the tank pressurized and the fuel flowing. That fitting has come off and (although it's threaded) either the threads have stripped out of the pipe or possibly a nut (if it ever had one) has fallen off inside the pipe, which I can't access. Any advice that would help me get it back on would be greatly appreciated. Thanx...
Thanks for the offer digi16v. I used Shoo Goo to glue the fitting back onto the exhast pipe and so far it seems ok. If that doesn't hold up then I'll get your email to buy your old pipe. Thanks again!

-Stevie D
Old 07-06-2004, 10:28 PM
digi16v

STEVIE,
not a problem.

sup world?
just stopped in for a minute.
happy and safe driving!!!!!!
Old 07-09-2004, 09:12 PM
tamiya

Hey guys,
How is it going???

WE havent posted for a while, well any ways I was putting in a new glow plug and I over tightened it and the thread of the little head thing that it screws in to mest up. I already ordered the thing.

I got 40 bucks right now. what do you guys think that I should spend it on??? foam tires, are they even good for running on parking lots??, So what do you guys think that I should get???.

Thanks,
Tam
Old 07-09-2004, 10:36 PM
digi16v

TAM,
spend the money on the tires you will see a difference.
if not change the steering control, powerline makes the one you need. and get the powerline shocks too. that should take your 40 bucks...... or just drop in a new steering servo.

i just took my car apart again, i stretched the main belt. oh wait i said that already, anyway got to hold up on the clutch, justg ordered the chassis and my boy is selling his picco collari motor which is SUPER SICK!!!!!! [:'(] and i want to drop that on the new chassis with the clutch before i re assemble it. i hope to have it together next weekend so i will fil you guys in on the chassis and clutch.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:17 PM
digi16v

does noone love there duratrax anymore. just stopped to say hello again.
its raining where i live so no driving, actually i am borrowing my boys spare yokomo. its nice but i cant afford to fix 2 cars. 8)
just mine so i drive it sparingly.
Old 07-13-2004, 09:28 PM
XLR8_01

hey, here's my car!!! hahahahahaha...
i went to radio shaq and bought some LED's and hooked em up to a 9 volt battery too.
go to www.cardomain.com/id/exelerate
have fun!
Old 07-13-2004, 09:34 PM
XLR8_01

check out my sfgp
radio shaq LED headlights/tailights...
go to: www.cardomain.com/id/exelarate

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.