Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

DuraTrax Street Force Gp official thread

Community
Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

DuraTrax Street Force Gp official thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2004, 08:10 PM
SFGP_Freak_90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DuraTrax Street Force Gp official thread

AJ DRAGON what do you have on your sfgp
Old 10-28-2004, 08:13 PM
SFGP_Freak_90

Ive been lookin for those aluminum parts online but its all been failing. you should ask another person with a sfgp in washington to see if they know
Old 10-29-2004, 06:58 AM
Josh222

my SS is fine, I have foams and stuff on it, this SFGP i am getting has some HPi parts since the SFGP is almost identicle to the RS4 1 and 2
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mj24425.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	187753  
Old 10-29-2004, 05:17 PM
SFGP_Freak_90

well it does look like a rs4 1 & 2. some of the guys here on the thread have gotten some of the parts from that car. but there is also another car thats looks exactly the same as the sfgp but its on the other side of the other side of the world at holand and they sell aluminum parts for that car that would fit the sfgp.
Old 10-29-2004, 06:55 PM
Josh222

my friend and his uncle both have SFGp's and they are preety good, saved them 3 times though all 3 times they hit the curbs and they took off and i hate jumping for fast moving RC's, once the venturi valve in the carb flew out[X(]
Old 10-30-2004, 08:19 PM
SFGP_Freak_90

Well That must have sucked for a while, did you find it? when i got my sfgp i found out that os engines did not fit the car as is, you needed a longer flywheel or something like that. In about a year im gonna get the os cv-rx .18, the new one. but im also gonna have to get a specific flywheel from hpi so that the engine can fit the sfgp which really sucks.
Old 10-30-2004, 09:12 PM
Josh222

ya we found it, that was the first thing we noticed when it flew out the winsheild, it took off on 3 wheels
Old 10-30-2004, 09:16 PM
SFGP_Freak_90

Thats some good news. What kind of engine do you have on your car right now do you have the stock or do you have a os. I still have the stock engine it hauls but it overheats pretty quick unless you have the ram-air hood on it.
Old 10-30-2004, 09:23 PM
Josh222

on what my SS or the SFGP i am gona get? both have the stockers, my SS will be getting a Fantom soon
Old 03-10-2005, 12:04 AM
stew1tx

Anyone still posting here?
Old 04-07-2005, 04:07 PM
tamiya
My Feedback: (13)

Sup guys, I am the person that started this Thread a LOONd time ago, I don't have my GP anymore I have a t-maxx now, and I kind of miss my GP.

Nice to see that the Thread has over 6 PAGES NOWWW

Later

paul

[email protected]
Old 04-08-2005, 09:08 AM
digi16v

TAM
good to see that you are still around? anyone else from the old school still around. yeah i am just looking to see whats up and if anyoe stil has there car.
me i still haev it well why would i get rid of it after all that time and MONEY i puit in getting all those weird parts. anyway i have moved on but now its a buggy and a dragster, yeah i coped a drag about a week ago andi have to build it from scratch but i think thats the fun part. but there are no instructions so its a trial and error kind of thing. anyway i just wanted to put up a thread to let the new guys knw that the old timers are still around, some still have there car and others dont.
if you ned to ask me anything just hit me with a email.
be well
oh STGP 90
you want the email to the guy in washington that can get you the parts just email me and i will send it to you.
the parts look really nice on the car.
Old 09-03-2005, 11:31 PM
Dragonfly2k3

i just got one, and i got the conversion kit to go to the new one, then ima be getting pulleys, and idk what else
Old 09-04-2005, 11:46 AM
jkrustchinsky
Banned
My Feedback: (7)

i had a street force, it was my first rc, it was ok to learn on but i barely ever got drivetime out of it because it would always break thanks to that crappy styresstech plastic, i ended up selling it with a airtronics mx3 radio system for only 90 bucks, ticked me off but i was glad it was ogne at the time, anyway ive moved up, trinity reflex with a .12 picco and a jr xr3 radio
Old 01-02-2006, 11:14 PM
PrjctStrtFrce
My Feedback: (10)

I started out with a SFGP and would have to say that it "wasnt the best thing ever" but it was good enoguh for me and now especially that i have pretty much converted about half of the car into an HPI vehicle, main thing would have to be a HPI 18SS OUTLAW which i am very pleased with.......never have gotten it to full speed yet but wow does it fly!!!!!!!!! and ive gotten tons of other upgrades as well adn in the spring am hopin to get it "shot" with a radar and am thinkin of high 60-low 70mph!!!!!!!!!!! no bs
Old 07-13-2006, 02:55 AM
digi16v

its been a long time since i sent a thread so let me start out by saying i finally got a new camera- loooooong story- anyway i am gonna attempt tp post these pics

Name:	Mk26683.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	490796   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu65207.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	490797  
Old 07-13-2006, 02:57 AM
digi16v

here r 2 more

Name:	Db85257.jpg
Views:	507
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	490798   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je10501.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	490799  
Old 09-04-2006, 09:50 AM
flynvy5
My Feedback: (2)

hey guys just wanted to know if this body will fit my sfgp1 looking to bulid a show [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&W=000582796&I=LXN250&P=K]miata[/link]
Old 01-16-2007, 06:13 AM
linkadrip

Hello Everyone in RC Land. I just got a Duratrax Street Force GP2 and want to know just a few things. The one i got was used noticed the front drive belt looks loose or slack i havent dove deep into the car yet. But i'm wondering if this belt can be Tightened and is missing dog bone on the right rear and i notice the brake doesnt seem to work. is this because the dog bone is not there? And one more thing i noticed after starting it on throttle up it will rev up then i let off and it revs up and will take off and not stop or return to idel very quickly. So i can see i have my work cut out for me getting it right.

But the main thing i'm wondering about is the belt can it be tightened or do i just have to replace it.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:04 PM
bigdeer32

Anyone still own a Sfgp? I have one and parts are hard to find, but they are still out there. Bringing this threeead back from the dead... Hopefully. If anyone has one, don't be afraid to post.
Old 03-20-2022, 06:48 AM
spoon!

Default SFGP in 2022

First off, I made this account specifically for this thread and wanted to say it's great to see information still up on this basically vintage nitro rc. I recently dug my old SFGP car out a long with what I think is a Duratrax Maximum / MT. They were kept dry and in totes and getting the engines unseized wasn't that difficult, with some wd40 and heat. The SFGP has a little more work needed to be done before actually driving it, but the motor starts up and idles decently. After replacing the clutch with an OEM Duratrax one I found off ebay it still failed too put the power down and after inspecting it more I saw in the rear and possible front diff pulleys slipping under slightly more/full throttle. It doesn't seem to be the actually teeth on the pulley or the belt, but where the washers on the diff joints push together. I ordered hopefully the right parts / amounts and will post more updates of this awesome now vintage nitro rc that kept me occupied as a younger version of myself. I will say finding certain optional parts like the graphite radio tray (really want to make it full graphite along with aluminum pulleys which I'm not sure where to get/fit) or the 1 speed conversion kit are slim to no chance, but other oem parts still have a decent old stock and also with the HPI rs4 being almost identical it isn't too difficult finding compatible parts. I would include pictures but I need 10 post before I can add them. I'll list the after market parts currently using and if there's a link to purchase I will include that as well(once I am able need 10 post). Thank you for reading and I know chances of responses in this thread are low, but hey worth a shot and maybe there's still people with a passion with this specific nitro ! I eventually want an electric rc, but that's for when the budget is right and nitro will always have a special place in my heart.

Purple aluminum pull starter (feels like decent quality and I have a roto ready to put on, but since the engine starts right up with a couple pulls I don't see a new atm)
Purple aluminum nos bottle (just a cool accessory also not limited to just purple, it's def from china but works)

Hopefully will add more and maybe one day get too full aluminum/graphite! If anybody has any recommendation on compatible aluminum parts (mainly pulleys) any direct links would be extremely helpful! Thanks again for reading!

Last edited by spoon!; 03-20-2022 at 06:50 AM.
Old 03-23-2022, 09:52 PM
spoon!

Default Update

After more inspecting and taking a part, I found the screw inside the diff joint too be broke in half. I'm pretty sure this causes it too slip because it can't push the two joints against the 38t pulley. I will post more and update previous post when I am able too! I also finally go to drive my truck which I turned into maximum mt. 2wd 1speed. I had 2 trucks: Duratrax MT Pro and ST, but one of the chassis was so beat I stripped whatever was usable and tossed the pan/broken parts. I am currently looking for another fuel tank (pt#7800) or one that will fit if anyone has that info !

Last edited by spoon!; 03-23-2022 at 09:58 PM.