Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Official Smartech Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 08:05 AM
snappy_

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Smartech Thread

Hi,

I just bought a 2nd hand smartech winner pro2 on ebay, i'm guessing the guy i bought it off is a member here too as he referred me to this forum.

Well anyways, I've got the car with me now, but i can't seem to find a on/off button on it, the seller told me there isn't one, all i need to do is get the hump pack battery and connect it to the servos box or something.
but all the pics I've seen thru this thread has the switches.

what do i do?

How do i turn this thing on or off?

tom
Old 02-27-2009, 07:52 PM
Hibityhupla!

there should be a on/off switch somewhere between the battery and receiver. my guess is he just hooked up the battery directly to the receiver and didn't use one...which will work, but isn't recommended..

at worst you might have to pick up a new electronics kit (depending on what you have).. the new sets come with both servos, receiver, battery pack and controller...the stock electronics are worth replacing if you have a chance anyways......here's a link to a decent set that will probably outlast the car..lol....just copy and paste at ebay - NEW! Futaba 2PH 2-Channel AM/2 S3003 Servos
Old 02-28-2009, 12:28 AM
zayzay1

just get a receiver switch futaba hitec jr ect they are a couple of bucks and you could probably mount it easy enough to the receiver box
Old 03-03-2009, 01:56 PM
Kmaries1

Hey Just wondering if you found the manual that you were looking for? Im trying to find one my self.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:28 AM
RatInDaHat

So i've been making my way through this 160 page thread and i'm curious if anyone has ever figured out where to get manuals for these cars? I just picked up a winner pro the other day. it is actually running well, but i need to replace a few parts.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:52 PM
Tech Head

2nd that for the Manuals!

I have been given a Smartech Nissan Skyline 2 spd with SMT engine. The car just appeared on my doorstep inside a fruit box, there was a HSP Tornado MT in there as well. There are some really generous people out there! It looks brand new, has no scratches and the engine seems to have plenty of compression. I doubt it has even been run in yet. Unfortunatly it has no manual. []

Anyone know where i can download one?

Cheers, Brett.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:11 PM
pede_187

Here is the manual for a Himoto Rancho. It is extremely similar, if not exactly the same to the Tornado.

www.himotoracing.com/manual/MANUAL_1-8-TRUCK.pdf

Let me do a little more searching to see if I can find the smartech manuals.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:17 PM
gazzazh

Hi All,

I just bought my first Nitro RCCar from samrtech. Igot the Winner sport 4WD. I could not find a 15% nitro fuel mix. I could only find 10% Nitro with 18% oil. will this do or will it hurt my engine.

Please help

Thanks

Old 03-16-2010, 12:23 PM
3Dkunalud

i'm having a problem with mine. I just replaced the clutch show and what seems to be happening is that as i rev up the engine, it will start to move, and then suddenly the engine will overrev. It is like it suddenly disconnects from the drive system? I think is that the gears on the drive shaft is slipping? Because the gears turn the right direction, but teh car just doesn't move? I'm more of an airplane guy, so i don't knkow much about cars. However, this was my first nitro r/c.

I'm hoping to get it going again. it has just been sitting in my garage for a year now. I actually want to have fun driving it. Eventually, i might put in an A&E .28 engine. Just like things to go fast.

3Dkunalud
Old 03-16-2010, 01:52 PM
fdjizm

I think I am going to buy one of those cars and throw a .21 in it
I won't feel too bad if I wreck it.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:14 PM
insomnia1

hi guys.
if you want crazy,try putting a AXIAL .32 on the car....we did !!
we tried running three smartech cars last summer. two of the cars had a GO .21 5port and a 7 port.
the third had the axial engine.
the biggest obstacle we had was fitting an exhaust between the wheels.
the go's ran too well..they were tearing up parts.
the .32 DIDN'T like it a whole lot.too restricted).sounded badass... but that was it
might want to switch to a mugen clutch.made life easier for us
hemansrcclub
Old 05-10-2010, 04:12 PM
jav818

Hello guys,
I bought a Smartech from ebay a while back ago. Its a 1/10 skyline with a 15 engine. Im looking for either the back plate to use it with the electric start shaft, or the remote start. Like the one in this link.

[link]http://hobbyshack.com/Traxxas-EZ-Start-2-System-TMaxx/M/B000EQ7ZI0.htm[/link]

has any of you try to do this and was succesful?
Old 07-30-2010, 12:53 PM
Vroom1911

Hi guys, I just purchased my first nitro car last night, its a Smartech Winner 1.  I payed $80 for it and it didn't come with the engine. He threw in the pipe and the manifold for the original 15cxp engine.  My question to you guys is this.  Would a 18cxp or possibly even a 27cxp fit/work in this car?  I wouldn't mind making a few minor mods to get it to fit but I don't want to start chopping the whole car appart.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:01 PM
breetie

ORIGINAL: Vroom1911

Hi guys, I just purchased my first nitro car last night, its a Smartech Winner 1. I payed $80 for it and it didn't come with the engine. He threw in the pipe and the manifold for the original 15cxp engine. My question to you guys is this. Would a 18cxp or possibly even a 27cxp fit/work in this car? I wouldn't mind making a few minor mods to get it to fit but I don't want to start chopping the whole car appart.
Generally speaking, the differences mostly rely on the mounts themselves for engine placement. Aside from motor mounts, the other condition to take into account is whether or not Smartech (or any other manufacturer) made clutches that used gearing you can use with the car's factory transmission spurs. If you're lucky, Smartech used the same pitch gearing for their larger engines (aka 'Big Block'), and built universal clutch housings and shoes. If not, then you'll need to do a lot of hunting, looking for the right combination of mounts and clutch parts to make it all work.

As for 'will it fit', any engine can be shoe-horned into any car. It just depends on what you're willing to do to make it happen.

My suggestion, would be to stick with a 'Small Block' engine, .12-.18 typically. Anything above .18 is probably going to be a 'Big Block', and require new engine mounts and a new/different clutch assembly to work, and quite possibly some chassis modifications to provide clearance for the larger engine. It would seem to make sense, then, that the .18cxp you mentioned probably will bolt right in, so long as it uses the same style crank that the original .15 used.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:37 PM
Vroom1911

Hey thanks a lot Breetie. Since this is my first nitro car I am also a bit confused on what other parts I will need to be ordering with the engine. If you could give me a hand with that too, I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:13 AM
Vroom1911

I found the .18cxp engine that I want to plop into my winner 1 but I'm sceptical to buy it because I can't find a 2 speed transmission for it.  I can't even find a transmission for a .15cxp.     Can somebody please help? If you have a web sight or some info that could help me? Im getting a little bummed out...  []
Old 09-23-2010, 03:15 PM
gazzazh

Hi All,

My smartech winner pro, ran for almost 20 tanks until one day, me and my son were off-roading when suddenly the engine quits, and since then it will not run again.
I tried everything, it just wont run
I disassembled the engine but had some problems getting the sleeve off. It just won't come off. i hate the engine now.

I am thinking of getting a .15 engine ( HPI maybe due to the price )

Will this engine fit without any modification?

And dose anyone have an idea on how to get the sleeve off ( i think i scratched trying to get it out..but i wanted to know what was wrong with the engine)

Cheers
Old 04-14-2011, 02:25 AM
rctamiyafan77

Hey,

Yeah I would like to replace my 15CXS engine, can anyone suggest a good, more powerful replacement engine?

Thanks for your help!

Old 04-16-2011, 03:16 AM
Selleck2

Saw your post about fuel tank. Thought I,d sign up as member and try to help. While starting my Rc GT 10 I cracked top of fuel tank, being lazy and impatient I attempted a quick fix that worked well. I washed top of tank off well with alcohol several times -then I placed a thick bead of
Shoe Goo (brand name) on crack. The next day after work I filled it and I,ve run it ever since with out any leaks. Trust me when I say it,s had a lot of fuel and abuse and still works fine. Hope this helps
# Traxxas T-Maxx,s (3) #Team Assoc gt 10 (1) #??Winner (1) Not sure what the road car is -thats why I was looking here ,trying to ID the thing PM if you want
Old 07-04-2012, 07:10 PM
KYZAAC

hey guys, im new to the nitro world.so ill do my best to explain the issue. i got a winner sport of a guy a few years ago, he couldnt get it running, and i tried and couldnt get it running, so it sat in my closet for a few years. i dug out the buggy a few days ago and attemped fixed it up.

the gear mesh didnt seem right. it wasnt making any noise but when i push the car forward the clutch bell would not always turn the spur gear (sorry if i get some of the part names wrong), like it was slipping then engaging. i tried every which way to set the gear mesh with the same result. i set the carb and got it running, it seemed to be running good. the hsn was set at 2.5 turns out and the lsn was 2 turns out from flush. i ran 2 tanks of fuel. and another 3 tanks today. i was playing around the yard some more, and the clutch was slipping pretty bad. if i would accelerate slow it was fine, but if i gave it a big shot it would just sit there and rev high and make a clunk when it would engage.

i was playing around with the carb because it would bog when trying to go fast, and it stalled. i tried to start it and the whole car would move. after a closer look it seems the flywheel and clutch bell are seized together. they move together, but lock solid if try to pull backwards. it looks like a bearing case sitting between the flywheel and bell also.

what am i looking at here? i was thinking on getting a clutch bell and flywheel and hope it would fix my problem. any thoughts?
Old 07-04-2012, 09:03 PM
KYZAAC

i just popped the clutch bell off and its pretty nasty. not sure what was suppose to be in there but i have a curled up spring in deformed hard plastic that looks like it got hot and melted. should the flywheel spin free when moving the opposite way the engine turns? i thought it did, but now it seems to put tension on the pull start if i turn it clockwise

Old 09-27-2023, 04:55 AM
rt-maxx
My Feedback: (5)

iso smartech spider 1/5th buggy manual kit number 053210 thanks in advance