Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Bomb Car

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 03:16 PM
jtmuzix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bomb Car

I have an Ofna ULTRA GTP with everything maxed out. PICCO .26, upgraded chassis, 2 speed tranny, upgraded rear end, upgraded torsen diff, everything I can upgrade from Nitrohouse I have. LOTS AND LOTS of money spent! Anyways, its ultra fast and way cool, however I'm looking to spend more money and chrome out all the pastic peices, i.e. A-arms, etc etc. Where can I obtain these peices, and an estimate how much it will cost me? Any help would be apperiated.
Thanks
JTmuzix
Old 10-26-2004, 03:29 PM
napalm_Fire

Default RE: Bomb Car

hahah, I was reading this and thinking, NO ****ing way he's going to blow this up....

but im not sure about the prices..
Old 10-26-2004, 05:29 PM
SS Nitro
My Feedback: (-1)

Um I dont think making it all alluminum will help it go faster. If you dont want speed, then I think it will only cost around $600 or less, maybe wrong. I'm use to trucks(their parts are more expensive then cars in some things). Sorry, I dont know where you can go and get them from.
Old 10-26-2004, 06:36 PM
ajisup

If you wanna chrome it out for really cheap just go to a store where they sell spray paint and ask them if they have chrome color. It doesnt' exactly shine like chrome but it will still be a little shiny and give it a cooler look.
Old 10-27-2004, 02:51 AM
Asmodi

Well if you want real chrome, go talk to a local motorcycle dealer, preferably harley, or look in you area for shops that do chroming. I can tell you it wont be cheap, and to do plastic, what they generally do is bond a layer of coper to it first, the chrome the copper, also I dont know how small of parts the will do.

But if there is no limit on money then that is the way to go, otherwise you can find a body shop and inquire about chrome paint and see if they can paint it.

I dont know how they apply the fake chrome to plastic parts, like rims and bumpers and such, but if you can figure it out might be a cheaper route.

All I know for sure is that what ever means you take, you will be turning it into a shelf queen, and going most routes is going to add alot of weight

Edit, just found this: http://www.chromeservices.com/process.htm
Old 12-24-2004, 03:20 PM
jetski75013
My Feedback: (1)

well you can check with a local chrome shop for semi trucks as well they might tell you a local place that does chrome parts- i know theres one in tx near dallas but not sure of the name-but if you want the parts to shine- aluminum or stainless will shine better than chrome when polished enough-just an idea