Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

MEGATECH?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 11:35 AM
crazystang331

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MEGATECH?

I just bought a MEGATECH NITRO RAZOR XT is this a good nitro car? Does anyone have one of these? If so how fast does it go and is there anything that i should be worried about breaking?

THANKS MIKE,
Old 12-22-2004, 04:17 PM
crazystang331

Default RE: MEGATECH?

ANYONE?[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 12-22-2004, 07:09 PM
parris001

Megatech engines aren't very good. Their carbs tend to be junk which usually leads to an engine that runs hot. Megatech gets lumped in with other rides like CEN......... decent performance at a cheap price, but product support is lacking depending on where you live. There's not a lot of LHSs stocking their shelves with replacement parts. And when you can't get parts............ well.......... welcome to my world[:@]
Old 12-23-2004, 09:40 AM
crazystang331

Well it was between this megatech and a smartech i was looking at. And my local hobby shop carries parts for megatech so thats why i bought the megatech. And everyone was pretty much saying smartech sucked. So i didn't buy the smartech.
I HOPE I BOUGHT THE BETTER CAR.
Old 01-26-2005, 08:48 PM
crazystang331

Well im glad i bought the megatech nitro razor xt. This car is great, I.ve run 1 gallon of fuel through it and it running perfect. Its alot faster then i expected and i didn't break anything on it. I've read alot of posts that megatech engines suck. Maybe they just didn't tune them right.
Old 01-26-2005, 10:56 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Megatech's engines are built by SH, which has a reputation elsewhere in the world for being OS-like for power and reliablility and durability...my X-Terminator's SH built XTM .247 has over 9 gallons through it...
Old 01-26-2005, 11:38 PM
falkor923

HA-ha.... I bought the old Megatech car that had an M16 on it. I remember the stock m16 being a leaky overheating unstable monster!! I spent as much as the entire RTR kit cost hopping it up as upgrades became available. It was cool as it was my first nitro car. I tell you this though, I upgraded to a 3 port pull start .15 SH engine and it was heaven. The funny thing is, in my quest for top end prowess, I bought an SH 8 port bump start .15 and I still have that car. It hasn't been run for awhile, but i remember being amazed at the speed , power , and stability of that 8 port. Looking back on all I spent, i think i damn near helped develop the razor. LOL It turned out to be my car with the upgrades made standard. But back to the SH. With the advances in the past 3 - 4 yrs, smaller engines are making comparable power, but man those SH engines were a pleasure to run. I know the 8 port saw 3-4 gallons of hard running.
Old 01-27-2005, 12:58 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Hey, i'm not exactly kind to my XTM .247[&:]
i've TRIED to kill it and it wont die, lol
Old 01-28-2005, 12:09 AM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The best thing is to go out, have fun and screw what everyone else says, you own the razor now and it sounds like it is being good to you, and as long as your local hobby shop has parts thats cool!! I had a guy walk up to me and said he was pissed because his megatech .16 blew-up. I said how many gallons you have through it, he said 5!! Personally I think thats pretty good, and it happened after he switched to a racing fuel, probbally did not re-tune it right.

Have Fun
Old 09-01-2010, 09:32 AM
Phillyboii91

I have a megatech nitro razor xt and the the motor is still good but its nothing but a pain in the ass... parting mine out!!!!