RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

A quick question

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2004, 02:17 PM
snowcatxx87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A quick question

This is for a nitro rs4 rtr evo3.

It is running now after some fine tuning, and it sounds great. However, it will not go anywhere... It has been linked properly (according to the manual), the carb opens as required etc. But it will not go.

Any ideas?

Thanks. (brakes work, just not throttle)
Old 12-24-2004, 03:22 PM
crazyboutrc1227
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: A quick question

Your saying that your engine will start up and run, but your car is not moving? Then something is slipping, not linked properly, or your gears are jammed. I've had all of those problems more than once before. Actually, it was just about a week ago that my TC3 wouldn't move right in the middle of a warm-up run. Turned out that a screw came loose in the two-speed gear and it wouldn't let the gear turn. It was quite embarrassing. If the carb opens like it should, then something is slipping or jammed. First, I would check for pebbles or loose screws that might be preventing the gears from turning. Also, make sure that the gears are meshed together properly. Sometimes the engine will slide out of position if the screws aren't tight. By the way, always use some sort of thread lock. Check your gears for loose screws, pebbles, etc. Tell me how it works out. If not, I've got a couple more things you could do.
Old 12-25-2004, 12:40 AM
Honda_Civic_Si

Default RE: A quick question

Hey,

Thanks for the response. The person up top is my brother, and he is asking about my car. It turns out that some RTR Evo 3's are shipped out with screws missing the in transmission, allowing for it to slip. The engine is moving the gears - but the wheels don't recieve the power.

I am going to take it into my LHS and get it sorted out. They should be able to get me the required screws. It broke in fine and now I just want to slowly play with it! I have to wait until Christmas is over and then I will take it in. Thanks for your suggestions!

-Justin.