Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

NTC3+ Idling speed

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 01:56 PM
Ctrl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NTC3+ Idling speed

Hey guys I have just got a NTC3+ (second Nitro car so not a complete n00b, just close) I haven't had the easiest time getting it running. My questions are as follows:

1. I have found it hard to get the fuel to the carb. It seems the only way to do it is to stand the car upright and pinch the fuel line till it flows to the carb. Is there an easier way to do it? I have tried opening and closing the fuel tank but that didn't seem to do anything.

2. I have managed to get the NTC3 started but it seems to have a high idle speed. I have tried adjusting the idle screw but it cuts out when I lower it. It doesn't role forwards when on the ground but has a tendancy to turn the wheels when I lift it up. Is this likely to damage the clutch? Would richening the low speed needle help or is there another fix.?

Thanks guys love your forum!
Old 01-02-2005, 06:53 PM
napalm_Fire

Default RE: NTC3+ Idling speed

try and lower the idle speed, and keep it running, dont let it idle during the break in either, run it at a max of 1/2 throttle to break it in, soon the idle will catch on and it wont stall, right now, being a new engine, the compression is a bit hard for the engine to keep running right
Old 01-02-2005, 10:13 PM
B.T.D.T.

Ctrl,

#1) Make sure you don't have an air leak in the fuel line or in the exhaust system. I once had a leaky header on my truck and the fuel won't go to the carb either. I plugged the exhaust with my finger and pulled the cord to force more fuel thru the pressure line in the muffler to the tank. That's when I notice I had an air leak in my exhaust system.

So plug you exhaust pipe, set to WOT and watch the fuel line to the carb and pull the starter cord. You will see the fuel & bubbles go to the carb, it you have a clear fuel line.

#2) Again make sure you don't have an air leak some where. That will may your engine unstable. During break in your engine may run a little rough. I don't think its the clutch spring, but it doesn't hurt to check it and clean the clutch.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-02-2005, 10:53 PM
Ctrl

Thank you both for your help. it's late here now so I think I gotta wait till tomorrow to try all that out. My street might get pissed it I started it up now
Old 01-03-2005, 02:42 PM
Exibit

Sounds like an air leak I had the same problem for a while took me ages to sort it out. Change the fuel pipe and see how you get on m8..

Rather than adjest the idle using the screw try using the trim on your remote for fine adjustement..

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_19...tm.htm#1916166

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_19...tm.htm#1999111
Old 01-03-2005, 08:56 PM
Ctrl

hehe nah it's not the trim on my remote I'd be horribly embarrassed and have to shoot myself if it was [sm=wink.gif]

An air leak it could be but I didn't think so. I haven't had a chance to run it today so I'll have to give it a go tomorrow. Thanks again for the help.

btw lovely looking car you have in those links Exibit