RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

NJ LHS suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 02:56 PM
shoreman_nj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NJ LHS suggestions

Hello All:

I just purchased a used RS4 SS off of ebay before Christmas. My son wanted the CEN CT4S for christmas (which he rec'd) and I wanted something used to bash around with.

After receiving the SS, I stripped the car to the frame as it needed work, I replaced the components that needed fixing and started the car up.

I set the needles to factory specifications but need some fine tuning. Here comes my question, do you know of a reputable hobby shop in the central NJ area? What is the going rate for tuning? Does tuning include steering adjustment? (camber, toe-in, etc...)

Any tracks or clubs in this area.

Taking the car apart and putting it back together was fun but I feel that I should leave the fine tuning to the pro's.

TIA

Old 01-05-2005, 02:59 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: NJ LHS suggestions

Not sure where porsche is. North? South? South you have jackson hobbies. Central you have RC Hobbies in Greenbrook. North you have America's hobby center. I'm sure there are more but depends where you are in jersey.
Old 01-05-2005, 04:31 PM
shoreman_nj

ORIGINAL: RCadmin

Not sure where porsche is. North? South? South you have jackson hobbies. Central you have RC Hobbies in Greenbrook. North you have America's hobby center. I'm sure there are more but depends where you are in jersey.

Thanx for the info...actually Jackson Hobbies is around my area maybe take a ride over the weekend.

Does the tuneup include steering tweaking?
Old 01-05-2005, 05:29 PM
nitroracer20

They can do it for you. Hobby shops do pretty much anything including adjusting
Old 01-05-2005, 09:51 PM
lax195
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: RCadmin

Greenbrooke.... Havent had the BEST help from them....actually none at all, I steer clear from that store. There are 2 Champion Hobbies, one in Scotch Plains, and another in Hillside which are great.
Old 01-06-2005, 12:43 AM
napalm_Fire

I dont like the jackson hobby shop, the lady that works there isnt very nice and she always tries to sell me things I know about, and dont need. I wanted to buy a quart of 10% nitro for break in, and she said, go get a gallon of 20%, its better for the engine when you break it in, and its cheaper, it was $23, and their quart was $6
Old 01-07-2005, 10:38 AM
joop1987

I really like Jackson hobbies. They are very helpful getting parts in they don't stock on. Another good hobby store is "the hobby shop" in Aberdeen NJ. The old lady is very nice to me.
Old 01-07-2005, 11:59 AM
shoreman_nj

thanx for the feedback
Old 01-07-2005, 12:24 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BTW...we have a dealer/hobby store locator on RCU.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/dealers/dealers.cfm

I'm going to have it setup soon to also display how far each shop is from your zip code.