Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

Something leaking off of my flywheel NTC3plus

Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Something leaking off of my flywheel NTC3plus

Old 01-07-2005, 12:03 AM
Tal3nT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Something leaking off of my flywheel NTC3plus

Today after cleaning my car i noticed a small ammount of some kind of goldish liquid under where my car was sitting . After closer review i can see that it was dripping off of the flywheel. I tried to get a closer look but i cant find where the leak is comming from. Any help would be much appreciated

-Tal3nt
Old 01-07-2005, 12:08 AM
kwong2001
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Something leaking off of my flywheel NTC3plus

You might try pulling the whole clutch assembly (including the flywheel) off, and checking the bearing on the engine block to see if that's the source. Could also be coming from the carb. If you can't find the problem, try sealing up the engine real good and see if that takes care of it. I know i'm stating the obvious, but it's it's probably just a leak somewhere. Could even be coming from your fuel tubing.

But i gotta tell you, i never seen a goldish liquid before. You sure it wasn't on the carpet before?
Old 01-07-2005, 12:11 AM
Tal3nT

it was actually sitting on a shoe box so i could see the liquid clearly, and this is my first RC car, im pretty good at figuring stuff out but do you have any tips oh how to seal up the engine?
Old 01-07-2005, 12:24 AM
kwong2001
My Feedback: (2)

Well i've never sealed an engien before, but i think they use some sort of silicone type stuff to do it? I'm sure someone else can tell you exactly what to use.