Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Wheels...anyone?!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2005, 12:53 PM
hchytd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheels...anyone?!!

I am having the hardest time getting any replies on advice regarding what are the best RUBBER Tires to buy for street and parking lot bashing for my NTC3+? Specifically, I want the best all-around "rubber" tire (26mm) that provides the best grip and longest wear combination in a rubber tire for such purposes. So far, the only feedback I have gotten is: HPI Rally T "D Compound" and HPI X-patterned (but not sure if best to get belted radial, pro compound, or D compound)? Please help...anyone?!!Thank you.
-Tiffany
Old 01-08-2005, 01:17 PM
nitroracer20

Default RE: Wheels...anyone?!!

I heard the hpi prielli tires are awesome and get really long wear. I need new tires for the rs4 and I think im going to try the venom magnetics. For like 25 buck mounted to a wheel already, thats a great deal.
Later
Old 01-08-2005, 03:14 PM
napalm_Fire

Ive had the pirelli tires for near a gallon now and they still have great treads on them, Im amazed with these tires for onroad use. I used X patterns and they wore out after about a quart of fuel. These things have a noticeable difference in grip between the x patterns

and now all the x pattern loyalists come out to defend themselves, lol...
Old 01-08-2005, 07:03 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

HPI D-compound X-patterns with medium inserts.
your x patterns probably wore quick because they were pro compound:P
Old 01-08-2005, 09:42 PM
napalm_Fire

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBSZ2&P=7

those are the X patterns I got, I dont like em, im going to try magnetics next, and then for summer use, im going to use racing slicks
Old 01-08-2005, 09:57 PM
Scottyrox

HPI Rally T "D Compound" and HPI X-patterned (but not sure if best to get belted radial, pro compound, or D compound)

My LHS advised me to get the HPI BELTED because with the 2 speed tranny the tires will stay closer to the rim while driving at high speeds. I personally like foam tires but they wear out faster, but have more grip (IMO). You can buy the good foams online, mounted already for what you would pay for 2 HPI tires w/o rims. Hope I helped ya.
Old 01-09-2005, 08:17 AM
nitroracer20

Any one try the magnetics? Wanna get them, seem cheap though. You think they will grip/last?
Later
Old 01-09-2005, 01:57 PM
vduber4

I had the magnetics and they did not last long at all. The first day i had them mounted they were showing significant wear for only about two to three tanks worth. I would not buy these tires for a nitro car again, its just too much power and tork for them.