Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

HPI RS4 3 Evo tuning..

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 06:45 PM
STI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPI RS4 3 Evo tuning..

hello all.. when i start the car its a little bit slow not very responsive.. by the time the fuel decrease in the tank ( so it become lean ) it becomes great and very fast. dono what i am missing. i am using 25% fuel. temp around 200f to 220f .
Old 01-10-2005, 07:22 PM
nitroracer20

Default RE: HPI RS4 3 Evo tuning..

lean it out 1/8 to 1/4 depending on how rich the engine is and tell us how it is running. Try not to run cars gas so low that it creates the lean running condition. Alsways refuel before that.
Later
Old 05-14-2005, 01:48 PM
Silverz

hi this is my first time in here. i am very interested in buying a nirto R/C for awhile now i've been looking at the RS4 evo from hpi, and the shumacher nitro fusion. the thing is i don't see much about the fusion don't know weather its a good choice or not. all i know its fast and i like fast if you guys have anything that could make my choice easier it would be helpfull. and please consider telling me how to make them faster then they are. thanks _0_
Old 05-15-2005, 02:25 AM
Cummins

STI, I wouldn't bother too much about the poor performance at the beginning of the tank. It is because the engine is cold, the engine runs richer. When I start mine of from cold, I do a couple of slow laps around the car park and use the time as a warm up to refresh my driving skills (I only go driving about once every 3 weeks ). Once you are ready, hold it at WOT for a couple of lengths and do alot of quick jabbing and inconsistency on the throttle (NOTE: NEVER do this right at the beginning, always allow the engine to warm up using smoothe, slow throttle inputs and not going above about 1/2 throttle.), this should loosen up everything and get it running real nice. If, however, the car feels sluggish on EVERY start up, even when the engine is warm, then you have an entirely different problem...

Chris