Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

Starts then Stalls, Starts then Stalls, Starts then...

Community
Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Starts then Stalls, Starts then Stalls, Starts then...

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 10:23 PM
zmzmsix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starts then Stalls, Starts then Stalls, Starts then...

Hello everyone, I'm hoping someone can give me some good advice. I just got a NTC3+ RTR, and am in the process of breaking in the engine. I took it to my LHS and had them help me set the fuel mixture properly for break-in. The guy started it a few times, and recommended that I run it through about 6 tanks of fuel at that setting, then I can begin to tune it.

So I'm at home trying to get the thing to start, and it starts then almost immediately stalls. This happens over and over again. Reading the manual, it says that one of the reasons this might be happening is because of air bubbles in the fuel line. I can see that there is indeed some air in the fuel line, but don't know how to get it out.

Also there is a ton of fuel spitting out of the pipe, and when it runs for it's usual 5 seconds, it spits a bunch out. Am I damaging anything by pulling the starter over and over again to get it to start, then repeating the process almost immediately?

PLEASE HELP!!!
Old 01-13-2005, 10:35 PM
American Muscle

Default RE: Starts then Stalls, Starts then Stalls, Starts then...

OK first of all get the bubbles out of the fuel line. Next take the air filer off the carb and check to see if the carb is letting air through. if not that adjust that. Also your glow plug may be fouled. If your carb is open and letting air through it then buy another glow plug and try giving it some throttle when you start it.
Old 01-14-2005, 02:50 AM
kongzilla

[sm=idea.gif] once you get yur rc to start dont let go off da glow plug starter hold it down for 10-15 seconds ...ok
Old 01-14-2005, 06:12 AM
TGXnut

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=397

"While the engine is idling and warming up, leave the glow driver attached to the glow plug. This reduces the chance the engine might flame out early"

And of course get the airbubbles out. You should be able to do this by using the choke pump. Be careful, bc this will most likely flood your engine. If the air is out remove the glow plug and pull 10-15 times to get the fuel out of the engine.

Good luck
Old 02-05-2005, 03:54 PM
HPI RS4 2

if you flood your motor what woulod happed? and how would you be able to fix it....if it is fixable[:@]
Old 02-05-2005, 04:26 PM
Dare82
My Feedback: (2)

how many times do you prime it?...if you only prime the engine twice or so, there will be air bubbles. I prime my engine about five to six times, but it doesn't flood.
Old 02-05-2005, 06:48 PM
nitroracer20

its just overly rich, lean it out 1/8 of a turn on thehsn and report back.
Later
Old 02-06-2005, 12:49 AM
revo911

hell why you take it to a hobby shop the setting are set from the factory .. my needel was set at 4 turn out hold your finger overthe pipe pull the cord till fuel hits the carb then pull the cord about 5 inches then hook the glow starter to it . crank it then take the starter off if it dies right when you take the starter off it is to fat . lean it out a 1/4 turn then try it again
Old 02-11-2005, 01:11 PM
Ybenjulkay2x

Also if you feel that it is kind of hard to pull the cord, don't force it, you might break the pull start, as the engine hydralock, like the other said removed you plug out, turn the car upside down then pull the cord to get fuel out from the motor, when it start, let it wrm-up, don't take the igniter out, also it is better to break-in the engine at least one galon then start leaning the high end, 1/8 turn at a time, always check the temp, don't go beyond 270F.