Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

duratrax street force break problem

Community
Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

duratrax street force break problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 07:09 PM
insomniac908

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default duratrax street force break problem

I have a year old duratrax street force, i haven't pulled it out in awhile and i just bought the replacements items i needed.
I always had this problem, is it normal for a nitro rc car not to fully stop? when i get it started it goes very slow(not pressing trottle) but nothing to annoying someone to much, but yeah. Is there anyway i could fixed that?

Thanks
Old 04-25-2005, 07:15 PM
Philster

Default RE: duratrax street force break problem

Low speed needle: Richen it....turn counter clockwise 1/8 ...

...and then lower the idle (counter clockwise) by turning out the idle screw very slightly....like 1/12 of a turn,
Old 04-25-2005, 11:06 PM
insomniac908

where are they located?
Old 04-26-2005, 09:43 AM
Philster

Hmm....if your carb has these needles:

Low speed is the screw where the carb connects to the throttle control from the servo....where that connection is you'll see a screw on the side of the carb.

The high speed needle is adjusted by a screw that sticks up and out of the carb...rather high. Usually points up somewhat.

The idle screw is probably sticking up just a little, just not as high as the high speed screw.

here is a link to pics of the screws

http://www.rcnitro.com/articles/carburetor.asp
Old 04-26-2005, 08:31 PM
AJ DRAGON

Hi

Don't mess with the LSN on your engine, if it is idling just leave it alone. The duratrax carburetor that comes on the Street force GP engine is not like other carb's. I made the mistake of letting some one adjust the LNS on the carb of my Street Force GP, and I have yet to get that thing adjusted right since then. You don't have the normale 2 adjustments on that thing, you have three and two are for the LNS and they are in revers. So if you don't have to mess with the LNS don't.
Old 04-30-2005, 05:18 AM
jkrustchinsky
Banned
My Feedback: (7)

i remember my street force, i will never ownanother duratrax nitro again! that motor cannot be fixed to not move around, a few months ago i tried everything and i asked everyone, it wont work and you will mess up the seting so much it will stop working, if you really want to do rc cars i suggest you get a different one, because the plastic on that car is brittle as hell, the motor sucks and is a pain to adjust, the brakes suck, your pulleys are soon going to be stripped if they already arent, and if you dissasemble you car and look at all the parts closely i bet you will find atleast 5 parts that are broken or cracked or are barely holding on, it is going to do that annoying moving around thing at idle

whats more annoying if you let move around at idle it picks up alot of speed, sorry man but thats the cld truth, josh