RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

first nitro car....

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 06:48 PM
aznhustlerboy
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default first nitro car....

Ive had a duratrax evader ep bx for about 3 weeks now. I love it...its very nice but now i want a fast car in addition tothe duraTRAX . i was bidding on ebay and won this car.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

any comments????

also...can someone give me a short "tutorial" on nirto rc cars...like how to use one, how to start one, and how to maintain one.

thanks
Old 04-26-2005, 07:31 PM
nitrofreak06
My Feedback: (17)

Default RE: first nitro car....

hey man not bad i have one of the nitro rs4 2 also man those things are alsome. they will go about 32mph that is stock. the starting thing is easy its like starting a weedeater motor, blower, go kart. etc. well if you never had never had a nitro just check out this site this place will give you all the info you will need. the website is www.hpiracing.com take a look there and you should find out what your looking for there.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:21 PM
napalm_Fire

yea, definately get rid of that nitro star crap engine, 32mph isnt what I would consider as a fast nitro car. Fit a .18 CVR into it and you should get 50-55mph easy. I get 58mph in my ntc3+ with upgraded gearing.

make sure you give it a good clean after each use or it will start to get really ugly, really fast, like any other nitro car. That model will start with its pull start, but if you upgrade the engine, it may need a rotostart or bumpstart box to get it going. I prefer the bumpstart over the pull, less drag on the crankshaft = higher rpm = higher top speed.

I'd upgrade the radio to an MX3 or MX3-S if you get the $$$ for one. Probably much better than that stock radio..
Old 04-28-2005, 04:42 PM
aznhustlerboy
My Feedback: (3)

ok thanks! so from what u see in the link i gave...it is pretty much 100% RTR right? except for fuel of course. i see it has the "glow starter"? and i think it has a glow plug in it. all i have to do is put in fuel...then start it up right? when i do, do that.....actually i dont know how! do u put the glow starter in first? or do u pull the string first???? man...im confused. PLEASE HELP!!!
Old 04-28-2005, 07:27 PM
spazzyfry123

1. Turn on all electronics (transmitter and receiver).
2. Put your finger over the stinger on the exhaust pipe (where the exhaust fumes will exit(
3. Pull the "string" (pull-start) a few times with your finger still on the stinger (this is priming the engine)
4. Put the glow starter on the glow plug and pull the pull-start until the motor starts.
5. Apply throttle
6. Smile[8D]
Old 04-28-2005, 09:50 PM
C3Racing
My Feedback: (1)

Replace that fe engine.. very slow . on the other hand they are hard to kill. i ran mine @ 300 deg or so with 30% nitro fuel time and time again and couldnt kill it . I finally upgraded my old but slill runnin fe with a O.S. 12 CV-R(X) slide carb (very impressed with that engine even though a .18 cvr is cheaper).
Old 04-30-2005, 08:23 PM
muaymendez

Listen man if this is your first car .There is no need to change that motor yet.it should be plenty power to keep you on your feet.Once you get the hang of it and you stop hitting walls you can start looking for more power.I started looking for more power after Broke a connecting rod on my first engine.Too high of a nitro content on a slow motor.