RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

fuel filter

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 08:55 PM
Dare82
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel filter

I just bought a Dynamite Big Daddy fuel filter. I have no idea which way it's supposed to connect to. Can someone help me? I don't wanna screw anything up.
Old 05-15-2005, 02:32 AM
Cummins

Default RE: fuel filter

What do you mean? Heres my guide:

Buy some fuel line (about 1mtr will suffice and you'll have left overs). Cut two lengths about 20cms long. attach one end of one peice to the fuel line coming out the fuel tank. Attach one end from one peice to the fuel intake on the carburettor, attach either end of the fuel filter to either end of the lines until you have a contious tube running from fuel tank to carb and the fuel filter in the middle. If you mean what end do you have the actual filter on inside the fuel filter, it doesn't matter at all. Stop worying. Wrap any spare fuel line out of the way of moving parts. NOTE: The more fuel line, the better. NOTE 2: Don't change the length of the line from exhaust pipe to fuel tank unless you know what you'r doing. NOTE 3: A minor side effect of having a HUGELY long fuel tube is that it takes ages to prime.

Chris
Old 05-15-2005, 04:03 AM
RcSuCkA

long story short: about half way in you fuel line, make a cut. Then just put one end of the fuel on one side of the fuel filter, and the other end of the fuel line on the other end of the fuel filter. So basically the fuel filter goes inbetween the fuel line.

heres a lil pic

[______ O is the fuel line from your engine to your fuel tank, and <[][][][][][]> is the fuel filter

[_______ O <[][][][][][][][]> O________]
Old 05-15-2005, 04:57 AM
Cummins

lol, love those punctation pics...
Old 05-15-2005, 06:23 AM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some fuel filters are directional... They may have an arrow on them to show you which way the fuel should flow through them. If it does not have any type of indication (arrow or similar) then you can still work out which way to install it.
Most, if not all fuel filters are made of 4 seperate pieces :- Rubber o-ring, mesh (the filtering part) and the two seperate parts of the casing (which screw together).

* Carefully unscrew the fuel filter, there should be an o-ring where the join is.
* The mesh "filter" will be held in one of the two pieces of the casing. It is usually held in position in between the two parts of the casing when they are screwed together. When you unscrew the fuel filter, note which end the filter part is in.
* You want the mesh part to be nearest the carb, meaning that the resevoir must get the fuel before it reaches the mesh.
* This will allow the "resevoir" to colect any gunk that is collected, instead of it backing up in the fuel tubing (might happen if the fuel is full of dust etc).

I hope that made sense...
Old 05-15-2005, 09:06 PM
Dare82
My Feedback: (2)

Ah...I know how to connect the fuel filter. All I wanted to know is which direction the filter is supposed to face. I have already found out, but thanks anyways!