Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

Too slow, but hella fast take off (NitroRs4.2)

Community
Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Too slow, but hella fast take off (NitroRs4.2)

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2005, 09:49 PM
mr_exon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Too slow, but hella fast take off (NitroRs4.2)

I just found a killa tricked out Nitro Rs4.2 at a local hobby shop, all aluminum has a 37/44 2 speed.
i killed the stock 15ss that was in it(i think the person that had it befor me did not break it in right. so i dropped in a OS 18cvr( i know it is a off-road engine, but it has probly the most psi for the money)

here is my problem my car tops out in less then 60 feet, yes this may be good but i want to go beond 50mph... i think i have a 16 or 18 tooth 2nd gear clutch, i have a 20 tooth on order, but i realy dont see this kit going faster then 65mph...does any one know of any other company i can go through to get a taller clutch, hpi does not want their cars to have top speed, i gess?

please dont rply like i am dumb, i have raced my AE rc10gt's for as far back as the first models
this is my second on road car, but first one that is a blast to drive in my parking lot(big parking lot)
i just dont like how my new engine winds out at top spped i need gears to take more advatage of the space i run my car
Old 05-30-2005, 05:11 PM
mr_exon

Default RE: Too slow, but hella fast take off (NitroRs4.2)

well i gess this site just has nut'n but newbies. i just got done reading some of the other posts here and it sound like you all are them people that just read the rong mags and dont pay attention to the instruction manual.....i just wana say this, if you dont understand simple things about R.C. then sit on the side lines for a couple more years befor you jump into this Sport/hobby... my question refurd to any other companys parts that would fit in my rs4.2 gearing but nobody has a clue......this was a waste of time... your all slow in the head

back when i first got into RC it was a hobby for smart people now any one can just drop the cash and be ignorant
Old 05-30-2005, 05:18 PM
one-syk

hahah..yo yo yo..if you dont get a reply right away might as well talk mad tyte sh*t because this site is hella wack son..killa..your ghey..go back to playing with your hella tyte fast but slow kaa boyeeeee
Old 05-30-2005, 05:20 PM
mr_exon

wigger
Old 05-30-2005, 05:27 PM
one-syk

you cant even tell when someone is making fun of you[sm=tired.gif]..im done with you
Old 05-30-2005, 05:32 PM
mr_exon

and i dont make fun of people telling the truth about somthin

dude your gA" and the way you diss is gA" so shut up and get the twig out your smart hole(i aint talkin your mouth)

yes but i dont see you dropp'n the answer now, here is the deal hpi uses metric, traxxas uses metric(but the second clutch gear is only a 20 tooth,this is the biggest one)AE makes all their cluches american size and when is the last time you saw a half american and half metric clutch BB,Right? so this brings us further down the line ofna is the same as traxxis only goes up to 20 tooth...duratrax well there duratrax and i dont want junk

this was a simple question that needed somone with a brain to answer not some 2-bit jackaZz whitey that thinks it is cool to stand up for nuthin but an argument
i am ontop of my game ask me any thing and i have the anser(rc that is),i have had a lot of trucks and have used nitro for at least as far back as i can remember so come on test me, couse i know more then you any day.....why then did i come here,couse there were no real rs4 websites that had the info i needed....i am hard core and you are nuthin but a punk kid
Old 05-30-2005, 07:22 PM
spazzyfry123

ORIGINAL: mr_exon

i am ontop of my game ask me any thing and i have the anser(rc that is),i have had a lot of trucks and have used nitro for at least as far back as i can remember so come on test me
What company makes a taller gear for your car?
Old 05-31-2005, 04:48 AM
yoclick

Mr Exon,

Whats a gear? Sorry im a "2-bit jackaZz whitey". Quick response will be greatly appreciated
Old 06-01-2005, 08:00 PM
one-syk

hahah "whitey"...your a racist who feels intimidated and or insecure..thats whay you feel the need to "show off" how much you know about remote controlled cars..have fun with life
Old 06-05-2005, 12:03 PM
GT100
My Feedback: (1)

Here's the bottom line. You installed an offroad motor in an onroad car. Offroad engines will have lots of torque and thats why your car is so quick but they dont have as much RPMs as a onroad and thats why your highend sucks. I personally feel like I know everything there is to know abou the RS4-2 since I buid these for people all the time for high speed runs. If you would have drop a little more and gotten the OS TZ, you would definetly seen more than 70 with that same gearing. Here's a little folder of mines with some of my cars. Check out the gearing on the RS4 and the SuperNitro. They both have RB Modified ZX21s and can each do over 90 on a bad day. Goto the link that says "my runners".

http://community.webshots.com/user/miami_prince
Old 06-05-2005, 01:57 PM
eightball258
Banned

yeah one-syk your a ****ing fagit
Old 06-05-2005, 01:59 PM
eightball258
Banned

you are *****
Old 06-05-2005, 02:02 PM
eightball258
Banned

all he does is talk **** i someone needs to beat his ass for being such a dumb ****
Old 06-05-2005, 02:48 PM
rc car CRAZY

Why dont you answer his question instead of arguing with other members.

Ben
Old 06-08-2005, 08:42 PM
SqueedilySpooch

well if u start a thread like that u willl get bashed man don't start things like that. YOu need to calm down stop being stuck up and have a bit more patience dude. Now if want advice ask the nice way. Since you seem to want to know why ur car ain't gonna go fast Serpent is right u got off-road and they not ment for top speed they need torque to run...well off-road. If ur car is all alum and stuff i am guessing it weighs a lot. Seems to me u bought a car with more eye candy ment for show rather than performance part for speed. SO as soon as u bought it u would have speed problems. U dug urself in a hole and u made it deeper with a cheaper off-road engine than a decent on-road engine a little bit more expensive. Don't bring it out on us cause ur mad and disappointed