Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Broken Parts on RS4

Old 05-30-2005, 04:54 PM
BLBncsu

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Broken Parts on RS4

Well went to the track today and I broke both my front and rear C-hubs (the ones that carry the axles and wheels). Are there some stronger or better replacement ones than the stock plastic ones? The rear one broke at the top where the turnbuckle is.
I also bent up a rear drive dog-bone really good, should I just get another replacement one or upgrade to something else?
One more thing, the front and rear differential gears are looking pretty worn and beat-up, should I get the stronger ones or just leave them. The diffs work just fine except I noticed the gear teath are noticeablly worn. Also notice that the ball cups that come out of the diffs to drive each axle has been pretty chewed into by the dogbones.
Thanks for the input all.
Old 05-30-2005, 05:19 PM
mr_exon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Broken Parts on RS4

get the aluminum ones spend some money on your chasie and not gas next week
Old 05-30-2005, 05:24 PM
one-syk

ORIGINAL: mr_exon

get the aluminum ones spend some money on your chasie and not gas next week

great info..you answered his question with the quickness[sm=thumbdown.gif]

hpi dosent make steering knuckle or hub upgrades..i think hotbodies makes anodized aluminum ones for the rs4 try them..dont take my word on who makes them but i know i have seen them and i too am looking for aluminum stering knuckles and hubs..as far as upgraded cvd's and driveshaft's..the new rs4 3 .18 ss kit comes with upgraded cvd's and driveshaft's..i think they ar made by MIP..try getting those or just go to your LHS and order some MIP ones...the new rs4 3 .18 ss comes with upgraded diff gears also..check those out
Old 05-30-2005, 06:09 PM
mr_exon

r you dumb i did not say get them through hpi but i did not say after market either,oops

[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXVB36&P=7]here it is[/link]

this is a good company i have some of their stuff on my rs4 works great has not worn yet, like some of my rc10GT's aftermarket parts
Old 05-30-2005, 06:59 PM
Josh222

If you are crashing i wouldn't recomened aluminum stuff becuase it may be tuffer but it will bend and once it has bent it becomes very weak and there 30 bucks gone
Old 05-30-2005, 07:48 PM
BLBncsu

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No, not crashing. Maybe very lightly brushing the wall every once in a while. I think most of my stuff broke today due to simple fatigue of having been run hard over the past year. I just like to upgrade stuff as I go and as stuff breaks. If there is better stuff to upgrade to than the stock stuff I'm all for that.
Old 05-30-2005, 08:10 PM
Josh222

HPi has carbon graphite parts