RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Some Questions from an NTC3 Noob

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 11:57 PM
dubcast
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some Questions from an NTC3 Noob

Just to let you know, this is my first rc nitro car.

I have a few questions for you NTC3 owners after running mine for the first time.

Question 1: I was running up and down my street, it's pretty smooth blacktop, it doesn't have alot of dirt on it but it has some little stones and pebbles. The problem is that these rocks keep finding their way directly into my spur and pinion gears! I probably ran two tanks of fuel through and my spur gears were very bad looking. I inspected my car several times and each time I had to pick a stone out of the gear mesh. Is there some sort of screen or debris shield you can buy or fashion to keep debris out of the spur and pinion gears? I'm guessing they will probably be dust in a few more tanks of nitro.

Question 2: I noticed that after two tanks of fuel my brand new NTC3 tires were pretty much totally worn out. The tread pattern on the front tires was gone and most of the rear was as well. I am abusing them or do they just wear out that fast? I was doing a lot of sliding and spinning out when I was acclimating myself with the controls. Should I invest in some 40 shore foams or will they wear out fast also?

Old 06-01-2005, 07:42 AM
Nitroaddict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Some Questions from an NTC3 Noob

There is really no solution about the pebbles - I have seen that problem before. You can get the kimbrough replacement gears which are tougher and will stand up a bit better, but not much. The car was designed to run on smooth, groomed surfaces - so you may need to find a new place to bash - or, try to fashion a rock shield of your own design.

As to the tires - the ones that come with the kit are horrible, I never even put mine on when I had an NTC3. Go get some good hard shore foams, or some nice premounted rubbers and you will find them much longer lasting.