Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

engines

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 05:46 PM
Predator24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engines

Does anyone know how to bord out an engine as in soup it up?
Old 06-27-2005, 05:48 PM
nitroracer20

Default RE: engines

no one boars out an engine, as the sleeve is only about 1mm thick. RThere wouldnt be too much of a point to it.
Instead, many people port and polish theire engine. They basically smooth out all the ports of the engine to get better flowing engines.
Later
Old 06-27-2005, 05:52 PM
Predator24

Do you know how much it would cost or how to do it?
Old 06-27-2005, 05:56 PM
nitroracer20

I personally dont know how to do it. They have special ec engine omdifiers. A popular one is murman modified. I dodnt know if they do stock engines. From what I know they usually mod the hi-po engines like novarossies rb and sirios.
Later
Old 06-27-2005, 07:16 PM
Piero23

I wouldnt bother with modifying your engine unless you are a hardcore racer whos has tried everything else to make their car faster already. Porting your engine yourself is very tricky and you will most likely destroy it. Having it done by pros whould cost about 100$. Your better off putting that $100 towards a racing engine if you really want to.

If you think your engine is not putting out enough check your tune. Make sure it is running as lean as you can get it without overheating. Try some 33% nitro just remember to add a shim to your engine. Lastly upgrade your clutch you could have the most powerful engine in the world run like crap if the clutch is no good.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:28 AM
nitroracer20

the whole reason to run higher nitro is to get more compression/power. Adding a shim only takes away from this.

The best engines to port out are the stocker engines. They benefit the most from getting ported out.
LAter
Old 06-28-2005, 04:59 PM
Piero23

Actually an extra shim is necessary for running 30% nitro. Without it, your engine will produce the same amount of power as if you were running 20%

As for porting stock engines if you look at the price to performance ratio it is very low. Granted a modified stock engine will produce more power but still not on par with a racing engine. Also when its time to change your piston and sleeve you will need to port your engine again. It just makes more sense to invest in a racing engine from the get go.

I dont recomend porting for any beginer because it is dangerous, you will probly ruin your engine, and you will have to do it after every engine rebuild.
Old 06-29-2005, 08:12 PM
nitroracer20

how so? How would it run the same as 20%

As for the second part, I understand what your saying.