RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Offical nitro tc3 thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 11:10 AM
montrealer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Offical nitro tc3 thread

By the way,

Does anyone know a store where I can buy a Kfactory special shock tower mount and the carbon tower (k1243) ? I've been looking all over the place but no one has it in stock anymore, looks like it's discontinued or something. This is a good alternative to the elusive "fix" everyone is talking about.
Old 03-29-2006, 02:45 PM
iacolb12

Do you mean the towers at the bottom of [link=http://www.brooklynhobbies.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=104&Page=2]this page[/link]?

As far as the part for the fix, well you can get them at any decent hardware store.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:12 PM
Igotntc3andrevo

How will the shock tower make a difference, the "fix" fixes the problem with the shock towers wobbling. the problem was that the diff cases would strip out and when you tried to tighten down the shock towers into the diff cases they wouldn't tighten and eventually due to the vibrating they would shake lose. The only way to fix this other than the fix is to get the aluminum diff cases which wont strip out unless you are cranking the screw down. here is the linkhttp://cgi.ebay.com/FREE-S-H-RDL-2-Silver-Alum-Differential-Case-4-NTC3-TC3_W0QQitemZ6046219230QQcategoryZ34063QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem
Old 03-29-2006, 07:13 PM
montrealer

ORIGINAL: iacolb12

Do you mean the towers at the bottom of [link=http://www.brooklynhobbies.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=104&Page=2]this page[/link]?

As far as the part for the fix, well you can get them at any decent hardware store.
This would be this one:

The reason why it solves the shock tower/diffs issue is that the mount is held by screws in 5 points instead of 3 with the regular tower.
Old 03-30-2006, 04:24 PM
Igotntc3andrevo

Ok i saw them at the hobby shop today them things is like 60 bucks thats crazy when you can get two sets of diff cases for forty or better yet get 4 screws for less than 5 bucks.
Old 03-30-2006, 05:04 PM
iacolb12

I may have to invest in those. I've had issues before where I stripped the blasted threads in the case. Stupid plastic! [:@] Certainly is a bit sexier.
Old 06-24-2006, 10:18 PM
hanney
My Feedback: (1)

hi,
im getting a ntc3 and was wondering if somebody can copy me tuning guides, and things that will help me get started
Old 06-25-2006, 02:47 AM
Igotntc3andrevo

just go to rccaraction.com and search tuning or beginner and you should find a whole bunch of articles. O yeah and guys guess what i am getting another nitro tc3 roller for 100 bucks and it is the factory one to man is that love.
Old 06-25-2006, 01:47 PM
kmwdesign

Does anyone know of a store that sells the majority, if not all the Alum. parts in a bundle? I would go through and order each one seperately, but this cat is far too lazy for that.

Viva le Revolution

Gridlock
Old 06-25-2006, 03:17 PM
Igotntc3andrevo

no not that i no of
Old 06-25-2006, 09:30 PM
kmwdesign

Well, crap! This mean I have to show some motivation......? Anyone know of some cheaper Alum. parts then GPM?
Old 07-05-2006, 10:35 AM
hanney

i wana get some rims, and tires.. i dont want crome rims, and im just gonna be racing. what shuld i get?
Old 07-08-2006, 04:28 AM
Igotntc3andrevo

your best bet is to go with foams with the rims premounted they are not chrome either.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:55 PM
chaseman81

Love my NTC 3 Plus 1st on road nitro car and it's too cool just painted the new stratus body think it looks pretty good. Any peopl racing in Michigan? If so where we race in Grand Blanc on Sat. At Hobbytown parking lot . I also have a Savage 25 Love rc and looking for more places to race and have fun.
Thanks
Chaseman81
Old 07-14-2006, 10:45 AM
Banzai660r

I didn't want to read through hundreds of posts..........I just bought a NTC3 and was wondering what roto-start back plate was compatable with the AE .15? I've been spoiled by the RS4 3 Evos roto start(body on starts) and wanted to go this route for the TC3.
Thanks in advance

Chaseman81- that's funny, I post here and look...........someone from Hobbytown posted above me...........I'm Jeff, I run the yellow Warhead and the NRS43(red), just picked me up a real touring car Now.................who are you? PM me.

Banzai !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-14-2006, 07:29 PM
chaseman81

Was that your warhead couple saturdays ago that the gear cut the wire? This is Kevin I sell the sunglasses that dave always ask for... Just got the NTC3 Painted the stratus white nose to purple with the green flames. And I have the Savage that I have been racing in GB for a couple years. Missed last Sat for business and have to miss tomarrow too at the Gold-cup boat races this weekend.

Not sure about the roto they are nice. ( have one on savage) but I am thinking about a bump box. Because mine is a side mount exhaust and the gas tank is in the way.

If this is the same warhead I was standing right next to you racing you when it happend.

My Savage was glitching too. I found out I had a pinched wire to the steering servo. running fine but can't go racing. Are you going to take your truck to pheasent run, that truck track in davisburg on the last sunday of the month?

Good luck sat at the track! I'll see you next weekend if your there.
Chaseman
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27587.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	491616  
Old 07-14-2006, 08:45 PM
kmwdesign

Must be nice to have a place to race. Closest one to me is 3 hours. No good. No good at all. It seems like it would be fun.
Old 07-14-2006, 09:22 PM
chaseman81

It really is a lot of fun. You should find a hobby shop or a parking lot and set it up flexible drain tubing for the outside and 2X4 built for the inside walls a lap counter and a lap top transponders and bam you got a take to any parking lot race track. Next find the rc guy's online or in the area and plan some racing. We are very lucky to have hobbytown and the guys there to make it happen.

Chaseman81
Old 07-14-2006, 11:36 PM
Banzai660r

Yup that was me[X(] I figured when the Revo and I got together it popped my front center CVD out and got tangled in the wire. Whew......everything turned out ok, I had a new motor, new battery and new switch.........the only thing that got wasted was the switch. I won last weekend in Monster truck and took 2nd in touring(beat out by and older .12 NTC3rtr). I hit a board with the Warhead and popped that CVD out again, that's how I know what happened the weekend before. I'm putting the stock dogbone back in. I won't make it tommarow.....TOO HOT OUT. I should be there the following weekend.

I got the NTC3 RTR+. I'll be running it stock with foams(and setup......of course). I'll have to check the clearance thing for a rotostart. I figured I could come in through the windshield at an angle. I just gotta figure out what backplate to use........

Nice lookin body[8D][8D]

Banzai !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-15-2006, 03:51 AM
chaseman81

That's too crazy we both sign up on the same day at this site. Hey Congrats on th Monster truck win and the 2nd in nitro thats cool. Can't wait to race. Hey did you change the front springs to the copper ones on the ntc3+ they are 25 pound springs. Derick set me up with that trick.

Hot for sure I am getting ready to head to Detroit this mornin to sell at the boat race. Man! 4:30 am is early but you gotta do what you gots too do.[X(]
have you checked with tower hobbies www.towerhobbies.com get the info 800# and call them and ask the techs, They will chat with you about the back plate. that' all I can think of.

Good luck an good job last weekend!!
Chaseman
Old 07-17-2006, 11:25 AM
hyperterra7

i have a quick question...does anyone know what way the connectiong rod in the engine faces in the ae .12 does it face the crankshaft or the backplate?
thanks
Old 07-17-2006, 02:58 PM
chaseman81

the only thing i can think of is goto www.teamassociated.com and in the support part in the top look up the engine manual AE.12 look at the exploded view see if it will show you. You could also ask the tech there.

Good Luck
Chaseman81
Old 07-17-2006, 09:50 PM
chaseman81

We use JACO Nitro Shoes at our parking lot track our hobbystore runs on SAT the are about 14.99 pr 2 you buy them for the front and rear. I am looking for some more for my car and I checked out this site for $7.30 pr. 2 in box
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/defaul...421_35_803_439

But i have not bought any from them yet. I have to check out shipping to make sure I am getting a better deal then I can from my local hobby shop.

Hope that helps
Chaseman81

Just put threaded alum. shocks on my NTC3 + Man they are sweet. Hey something else. I have only had my car maybe a month. Raced it a couple weekends and ran testing at the house. when I built the new shocks (wow really easy) and took off the others they didnt have any shock too them! It was all the springs doing the work. So I guess what I'am getting at is... Check your shocks out, take off the springs and see if your shocks (shaft) spring's back slowly to it's full extention like they should or do they need shock oil. If they dont spring back fully.they are low. If you can't push them in up to the end. (too full) If they push all the way in and slowly extend all they way, then cool. If not fix it. It's not hard to do at all.

Can't wait too race the new shocks SATURDAY![8D]
Old 07-20-2006, 12:28 AM
Banzai660r

I ordered 5 sets from Bruckner Hobbies @ $10.99/ pair. Three sets of 30mm 0 offset rears 38 shore and two sets of 26mm 0 offset 40 shore fronts. $64.93 shipped..........$12 and change per pair including shipping. I ordered them Tue. so they should be here by Friday.
As far as the car.............I've yet to break mine in........hopefully I'll make time tommarow. I decided to go with a starter box instead of the Roto-Start. I'm eventually going to upgrade to a rear exhaust engine(STS) soooooooooo...........it was the natural choice.
I'll see ya Saturday[8D]

Banzai !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: chaseman81

We use JACO Nitro Shoes at our parking lot track our hobbystore runs on SAT the are about 14.99 pr 2 you buy them for the front and rear.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:20 AM
chaseman81

Cool Jeff, I ordered a bump box Tuesday from a guy on ebay a G&S got it for 40.00 looks new he paid shipping. Trying to buy TWEAK STATION TOO. I bought the alum threaded shocks at hobbytown built em and installed WOW! what a differance. I will be there Sat ( GET THAT CAR BROKE IN !!!!) Let's race. See you Sat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.