Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Offical nitro tc3 thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 03:34 PM
Igotntc3andrevo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Offical nitro tc3 thread

soon to get a carbon fiber main chassis and soon to get aluminum diff cases any one else got them
Old 07-09-2005, 09:50 AM
ntc3rcr

i have a question, when you look inside of the carb there is a piece that opens and closes when given gas. is this piece suposed to move from side to side when trottle is opened. how can i fix this thank you.
Old 07-09-2005, 11:38 AM
jandb917

on slide carbs it will go from side to side and as far as therotary carb some movestraight form front to back and some do it at angle this is like this do to the idle adjustment screm controls the trun of the rotary valve inside, if you take the cb apart and look ant the valve you will notice the slot cut into for the idle screw is cut at an angle so its suppose to be like that
Old 07-09-2005, 12:02 PM
jandb917

here ya go yall i just got osme pics of my new sratus 3.1 body hope you like i know i do LOL
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37859.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	295256   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc94335.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	295257  
Old 07-09-2005, 10:10 PM
monitroplease

Bring on the pics !

[img=http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/3347/10093846mg.th.jpg]]

[img=http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/1551/10093852vz.th.jpg]
Old 07-11-2005, 10:23 AM
ntc3rcr

wut is a good body that will keep my care from losing control at high speed.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:22 AM
kjny#1

Hey i just ordered a Tc3 plus Rtr on friday can anybody tell me what would be the best start of mods, ive had a traxxas 4-tec(electric) and a duratrax bx that i converted to an st now after a view years im back in the game any suggestions would be nice
Old 07-11-2005, 01:29 PM
iacolb12

There's The Fix and a [link=http://www.rcfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6931&highlight=fix+ntc3]LINK[/link] about it.

You might also consider an FM radio if you plan on racing or run your car in the city. The supplied AM seems prone to interference.

Upgrade the air filter. Better to spend $19 on a good filter than $100-200 for a new engine.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:15 PM
Igotntc3andrevo

get a rechargable battery pack for the car and for the fm transmitter. and get the carbon fiber up grade kit so that you can have some spare parts. get the rpm front bumper it lasts for ever also get a screw kit because nothing is worse not being able to drive b/c of one screw.
Old 07-11-2005, 04:06 PM
monitroplease

What's wrong with the stock air filter, does it let in dirt? What kind do you run?
Old 07-11-2005, 04:46 PM
iacolb12

It's not terrible, but an upgrade is a good investment.

I was running mine and flooded the carb. What I didn't know was that the inner filter got soaked. About 3 minutes into my next run my car started bogging. IT had sucked the inner filter into the carb throat!

I suggest a [link=http://www.motorsaverfilters.com/]Motor Saver[/link] vs. the expense of an K&N the performance and protection difference are neglible.
Old 07-11-2005, 06:25 PM
monitroplease

Hey Ntc3rcr, The racers prefer this body. My TC3+ came with a Pro-line crowd pleaser which is similar.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXGFW2&P=ML
Old 07-11-2005, 08:07 PM
iacolb12

Yes I just bought the Mazda. I've not been brave enough to paint it yet but I need to before our fall season starts here in Dallas.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:01 PM
streetuner

Finally a nitro tc3 thread!! Here are some pics of my tc3. The body is a '70 Ford Boss Mustang(one of my favorite cars).I painted the body myself, took about 4-6 hours to do, it took me an hour alone to put the masks on. Mostly everything is stock except for the wheels and air filter.Ive only driven it on the street bcuz i dont kno of any tracks around the Queens area in NY, as u can see in the picture of the chasis thats what streets in NY can do to your car.Sorry if the pics arent clear enough i took them with my phone. Also is this car good to drift with??
Attached Images           
Old 07-11-2005, 10:09 PM
streetuner

I havent hit 2nd gear as yet bcuz of these damn NY streets it can really mees up your car. Im thinking of getting a new body that has that street racer look, some suggestions plzz
Old 07-11-2005, 11:55 PM
ShOzz

when i paint my new body for my NTC3 i'll have to come back and post it here.

Houston Finally has a nice onroad track so i'm all about buying foams and getting my proper tools to work on this baby.

Anyone here who is familiar with the fix recall the name or a link to the other similar parts/screw kit that someone was making to fix the same issue?

also, does anyone make Carbon fiber radio trays and shock towers?

Old 07-12-2005, 07:46 AM
iacolb12

You can do it with Dubro 4-40 machine screws, about 1.5" long.

Here's a [link=http://www.rcfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6931&highlight=ntc3+fix]LINK[/link] to a description. You'll have to scroll to get to it.
Old 07-12-2005, 03:33 PM
SilNiN

Hey NTC3-peeps,

Its my first post here Hiya

I've been searching the internet and reading forums almost continuously for the last 4 days because i want to get started into RC'ing.
Never drove anything or put anything together, but suppose you'll have to start somewhere

After all this searching, i've decided to go for an onroad. Also, i'd like to get started in nitro immediatly...
I hear a lot of ppl say that it's advisably to start off eletric, but i'm pretty sure i'd want to go nitro soon enough anyway...suppose if i don't wreck it, it'll safe me some money going nitro right away....

Anyway, I tend to conclude that i should get the NTC3 RTR Plus...(since it's 2-speed transmission))
I constantly hear (i mean read) good things about it, certainly compared to its price.

But i was wondering a few things:
> Is there anything you experienced NTC3-drivers can advise me to replace immediately? (I ask, because I've read here and there that getting a better bumper and better tires is advisable)
> Did any of you bought a RTR version of this car? What were the experiences with that?
> I've been looking around the net for a good place to buy some cool NTC3 bodies. I didn't find many that offer something different from the standard ones. Any linkage on that?

Cheers
Old 07-12-2005, 04:04 PM
Igotntc3andrevo

get an extra set of tires because the ones you have are going to wear down really quick b/c your going to get addicted to it but i jumped right into nitro and havn't looked back you might want to change your air filter but i don't know much about that because i went on ahead an bought the kit if you want to save money get the kit but if you are not good at building stuff don't get the kit although the instructions are very good. bodies can befound at towerhobbies.com and if you just want to look check out www.hpiracing.com and prolineracing .com and look at protoform on that web address and at pro line.
Old 07-12-2005, 08:15 PM
iacolb12

If you're going to race I would ditch the AM that comes with the RTR. AND read this thread thourally. There are a lot of links that will help if you go NTC3 Plus or Kit.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:41 PM
crazyronny

I will love this thread... I have two NTC3, I will post pic and info later....

Do you know if anyone make some aftermarket aluminium or steel diff ring gear and pinion for the NTC3.

Thanks

CrazyRonny
Old 07-13-2005, 12:43 AM
SilNiN

thnx 4 the links, Igotntc3andrevo, that certainly helped.
Do i understand correctly that i basicly can install any 200mm touring car body?

Thnx for the tip, iacolb12. At first, i'll just be out on the car park, but when i get to the point of racing, ill get a new radion...
Old 07-13-2005, 08:28 AM
iacolb12

ORIGINAL: SilNiN
thnx 4 the links, Igotntc3andrevo, that certainly helped.
Do i understand correctly that i basicly can install any 200mm touring car body?
Pretty much. Sometimes you might have to trim a little different than the body marks to be exact. But that can happen with any car/body combo. In fact, if you get a NTC3 Plus you will notice that the rear wheel wells aren't exactly centered with the tire.[:@]

good luck SilNiN
Old 07-13-2005, 02:22 PM
SilNiN

[qoute]

Pretty much. Sometimes you might have to trim a little different than the body marks to be exact. But that can happen with any car/body combo. In fact, if you get a NTC3 Plus you will notice that the rear wheel wells aren't exactly centered with the tire.[:@]

good luck SilNiN
[/quote]

I'll get a dremel for adjusting the bodies, then, thnx 4 the advise...

I've got another question, though: Failsafes? Do i need to get them? And if i do, which ones?
So far, i haven't found any info about wether it'd already be included in the RTR...
Old 07-13-2005, 02:34 PM
crazyronny

If you check that your receiver pack have anought power in it, I will said you don't need a fail safe.
Most of the time they give more trouble than what it will save you...
I don't have one and It's the last thing I want in my car.

Nobody know if anyone make some aftermarket aluminium or steel diff ring gear and pinion for the NTC3???

CrazyRonny

Oh I forgot, Failsafe is not include in any RTR kit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.