Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Offical nitro tc3 thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 04:37 PM
chaseman81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Offical nitro tc3 thread

If I were you. I would race the car as is, then upgrade to alum adjustable shocks, get a tweak station and setup kit. Speed on the track is not all there is. Most of the time slower is better. Better lap times, better control. Before upgrading an already great car to factory. Run it, wreak it, fix it, then upgrade it, if you need to. Alum is nice but it only bends once!!!! Plus it is heavy Proper setup of the car is more important than any upgrades you can do.

One other thing about racing on the track. Is your body, it can make a big differance as far as sticking to the track or in the corners, Down force. I use a Dodge Stratus body

Racing is expensive little wall hit there or rub here and there goes and a-arm or chuck a new foam tire. Plenty to spend your cash on at the track. Save your money for repairs till you get better.

Chaseman81
Old 05-11-2007, 12:46 AM
jatomex

I just bought a tc3 kit, and i would like to know which engine will be the best. (For about $150- $200).
Old 05-11-2007, 12:59 AM
Igotntc3andrevo

depends on the kit you bought and what you plan on doing with it but for an .18 size motor the .18 cvr and the .18 tz are great motors for the price but are not roar legal. more info.
Old 05-12-2007, 06:38 PM
permy316

went and bought a cheap toe and camber gauge adjusted the toe and chamber but it still spins out to the left when 1/2 or more gas. I could be just not be using the toe gauge right because instuctions are weird it is the rpm one. Any ideas what an other possible reason would be?
Old 05-12-2007, 09:13 PM
rotorfly

You guys running .18tz's,where are you finding a pullstart, and also what kind of pipe are you running?Where are you getting your pipes?Is it necasary to regear the car?
Old 05-12-2007, 09:24 PM
iacolb12

I'm just gonna say, forget the pullstart and get a starter box or roto start kit. It's worth buck in the long run. Trust me, you'll think of this the next time you are priming a dry engine.
Old 05-12-2007, 09:34 PM
rotorfly

Okay say I get the starter box,but I still need a pipe,Ive looked around and cant find much of nothing,so any help would be appreciated
Old 05-12-2007, 10:16 PM
chaseman81

Have you checked the tweak on your car? Sounds like that might be a place to start.

The starter box is the only way to go. It's GREAT!!

Ifthat tire is getting more traction then the others it might spin out...

Chaseman81[>:]
Old 05-12-2007, 10:22 PM
permy316

i am new to rc cars this is my first one ever what do you mean by the tweak.
Old 05-13-2007, 04:34 AM
vikingen

ran my ntc3 for the first time today.. AE duel chamber pipe with LRP Z.12R... freakin hauls !

running the stock rubber tyres so I enjoyed the drifting... will be getting some foams and might ditch offroad this weekend for my first onroad meet
Old 05-13-2007, 02:50 PM
iacolb12

ORIGINAL: rotorfly

Okay say I get the starter box,but I still need a pipe,Ive looked around and cant find much of nothing,so any help would be appreciated
The Novarossi 51602 is suggested in this article for the .18 TZ. And I assume since you are putting an
18 in a 1/10 touring car you want pure speed with a little torque. So a speed-tuned pipe is what you probably want.
Old 05-13-2007, 05:17 PM
rotorfly

Thanks for the answer,do you have any idea where to get one at?
Old 05-13-2007, 10:39 PM
permy316

looking into getting an new muffler to replace the stock one. Stumbled across this one on ebay just wanted to get your guy's input. Should i buy it?
http://cgi.ebay.com/JPL-MTP-203S-Tun...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 05-13-2007, 11:06 PM
iacolb12

I've always bought my pipes at my lhs based on suggestions from fellow racers and the shop personnel. That is my best suggestion, ask a few questions at your lhs. Maybe they will have something at the shop, can order it for you or at least give you a good suggestion for your exact motor.

Otherwise if you feel you know what type of pipe you need you will be able to find good pipes at Tower, A Main Hobbies and others. Novarossi pipes are harder to find so you might have to search a bit. But i'll leave specific suggestions to guys with a little more experience.

Good luck.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:24 PM
Spartan18

hey guys i just baught a .18 cv-r for my tc3. i was tryin to figure out how to transfer my freewheel,clutch and clutchbell from the stock ae engine to it and it seems to me that it doesnt go on my new engine. do i have to buy a new setup or am i doing something wrong. its my first time doing this obviously so if u can give like a detailed description. thanks alot
Old 05-14-2007, 02:37 AM
TomECalm7

I wanted to know any oppinons on running an exuast pipe to the back or will in mess it up?
Old 05-14-2007, 10:34 AM
chaseman81

You've seen them at the track: drivers who bring all manner of balancing gadgets and setup tools with them, and spend time before each run making sure that their cars are set up perfectly. So you ask yourself, do I really need to go through all of that to be competitive? There really is no simple answer to that question; some drivers are good enough that a minimal amount of effort can keep them running strong, while others would never hit the track unless they felt fully prepared. If you are inclined to spend time balancing your car, it won't be long before you hear about tweak, and how it can adversely affect your car's performance. On the most basic level, tweak can be thought of as an uneven weight distribution on a car's suspension, and can lead to odd behavior and inconsistent performance. Tweak can be caused by a variety of things, including a twisted chassis, poor electronics placement, uneven tires, and mismatched shock springs. Luckily, eliminating tweak is an easy process, and we're here to show you the way.

http://www.rc411.com/pages/howto.php?howto=2&page=1

Good Luck
Old 05-18-2007, 03:42 PM
chaseman81

I CAN"T wait to go RACIN tomarrow. Got her all tuned up new tires and a Torque Muffler. redid my shocks (back one on the right rear.) Needed oil. tweak station Right ON!! ride height set perfect. Tested and tune this afternoon. I'm Ready to go Now!!!!

Time to put on the game face[>:]
Old 05-18-2007, 06:14 PM
Igotntc3andrevo

Lol good luck chaseman......i just got my car all put back together also As we have a drAG racing event tommorow.
Old 05-19-2007, 07:02 PM
chaseman81

Hey Thanks Igotntc3 Good luck to you also. Well only two of us in the class today so I knew 2nd is all I could hope for since I was racing best in class. So I concentrated on laps and how many i could get. did ok broke to diff covers today (stay out of the wall!) but times got better every race and finished the main. Good day all in all. Bent the new torque pipe though.[>:]

New tuned RPM was waiting for me when i got home

Chaseman81
Old 05-19-2007, 09:41 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey guys, just wanted to show a picture of my tc3, its all stock except the body.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89396.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	687549   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk31904.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	687550  
Old 05-27-2007, 04:33 AM
TomECalm7

When I first got my NTC3, about a year ago, I was having the same exact problem with it kicking out to one side on takeoff and loose on a left turn and tight on the right. Well Ureka! just like this past week I was looking up things on my nitro car like parts and I noticed CHASSIS WEIGHTS! Just then I realized that the car may be unbalanced and this could be causing the car to be unstable in turns and takeoff. Well, my local hobby shop did'nt have the ones I saw online, but they did have the ones for pine cars.(you know like when you were in boyscouts!) So I bought the kind that are shaped in small squares on a long strip and are the self adhesive kind. Well as far as that "self adhesive" the only thing it seems to stick to is MY SELF! Dude, USE GLUE!!! Epoxy(dual tube surrenge) is what I used and I like it alot. A little messy, but does the job! I guarantee you will see the difference. Also try switching the front and rear springs. The factory has them stiffer in the front than in the back. Once I realized I thought let me change it. You can get a sway bar to stiffen the front if you need it. I check the balance of my car by placing two fingers from on hand and place them under the front centermost edge of the chassis then do the same with your other hand under the rear centermost edge of the chassis. Then I pick it up slowly(with both hands)to see which side is heavier. Before I bought the weigths it always fell left due to the engine and exaust being predominently on the left side. Now when I pick it up that way it comes up evenly and does not fall either way. FRIGGIN'SWEET!! I will also mention that I did use that whole sheet. It was $3.95 and well worth the moola!! There are different kinds but if you look up chassis weights on a parts list, you'll get an idea of what you need. I guess that I was just lucky with the way it worked out. I was driting the hell out of it after work today and controlling it very well in both directions. I drifted around everone like that scene from Fast and the Furious and it was cool.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61524.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	692064   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr53982.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	692065   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mr41600.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	692066   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gz76116.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	692067  
Old 05-28-2007, 06:53 PM
grandpref55

hey guys i have an os .18 cvrx recently used on an rc10gt.. but i wanna put it into my tc3. the shaft is too short for the dual gearing.. what would i need to make it long enought for the clutch and the bell. thanks in advance..

ps if someone has a link to the item i need, it will be greatly appreciated

thank you guys
Old 05-29-2007, 01:02 AM
vikingen

ran my ntc3 team kit on sunday (it's 2nd ever meet since being built a month ago).. powered by a 2nd hand LRP z.12r, AE pipe...

track was a marked out parking lot.. nice long straight, very very tight infield.

Out of 14 1/10th nitro tourers, I TQ'ed.

Then, for something different, they decided to run individual HOT LAPS to determine the starting grid for the finals. I went last as the TQ'er, and still managed to retain TQ by setting the quickest hot lap.

The thing is ON RAILS... Team Kit straight outta the box ! Mugen, Kyosho, Xray owners, whoever, were left scratching their heads

Thinking of investing in some more power for this thing. It deserves it
Old 05-29-2007, 06:00 PM
BugMan_Cj

for the OS .18TZ if you want a pull start... use the OS TM crankshaft... might have to rethread it abit for the SG clutch nut... but she works like a dream... and right now I'm not usin the OS pullstart... I'm usin an Axial pullstart ( has better recoil )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.