Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Offical nitro tc3 thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 06:25 PM
budracer1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Offical nitro tc3 thread

Sure there is. Any 200mm body will work you will just have to paint and cut to fit.Or if you search on classified here or on ebay for tc3 or ntc3 you can sometimes find bodies that have already been painted and fit.Try that and if have any problems finding one let me know.

Jason
Old 12-23-2008, 06:49 AM
electricrcdude

I have, but (this is silly) I like the original one the + came with. I have not tried the classifieds on this site, though.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:58 AM
budracer1

You can find the black factory one on ebay usually.In fact I bought one here not long ago and may sell mine if your interested its not new but its not busted.I can send pics if your interested.

Jason
Old 02-04-2009, 08:57 AM
Grimm-Maxx

I'll throw my hand in with the NTC3 crowd.Picked up an NTC3 Team Factory addition with a crap load of hop ups.First off,all of the Factory Team parts available are on here,titanium chassis,AE EFRA 2603 pipe,Novarossi (TOP) T12LT3 or LT5(Can't tell exactly which one it is,but I have came to the conclusion of it being one of these due to the markings and design of the motor),JR Racing XS3Pro Transmitter,JR RS310 Reciever,JR Racing Z270 Throttle Servo,JR Racing Z590M steering servo,rear Anti Sway Bar,one set of medium foams on stock rims,and another set of rubber tires,Acura NSX widebody,Nissan Skyline R32 widebody,and new Nissan Skyline R34 GTR body(not yet painted).Came with a bunch of extra parts for replacements for anything that breaks,screws,tools,rtc.About $1600 in to this car.Going to pick up a set of drift tires and rims,and another starter box.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:34 PM
ilanstylz
My Feedback: (12)

Grimm post pictures up when you have a chance, I just recently got a TC3 as well (all stock) and I love it........... Where did you pick up your Skyline R34 body at?
Old 02-04-2009, 10:41 PM
K223

Those rear tires look wider.....Are they like 30mm??? I could use those all the way around running that crazy OS .18TZ

K223
Old 02-04-2009, 10:42 PM
K223

Hey,

What size are those rear tires as they look wider??? What is the brand as well. I can use those all the way around as I am running that crazy power OS .18TZ and my car just burns the tires.

K223
Old 02-05-2009, 08:28 AM
Grimm-Maxx

ORIGINAL: ilanstylz

Grimm post pictures up when you have a chance, I just recently got a TC3 as well (all stock) and I love it........... Where did you pick up your Skyline R34 body at?
I got it a Hobby People in Redlands,CA since it's by my house and they always cut me deals.They have an R32 and R34 body as well as many other 200mm bodies.Here's some pics as it sits now

Old 02-05-2009, 09:57 AM
Grimm-Maxx

A couple more with the Skyline R32 Widebody and Honda NSX Widebody basher bodies that came with it and the unpainted,uncut R34 Nissan Skyline GTR body and the tools and etc. that came with it when I got it.

Old 02-07-2009, 02:32 AM
mojave1

I also have tc3 nitro,but cant find any tracks or parking lot races in the hi desert (heperia ca) is there any in barstow?
Old 02-07-2009, 03:41 PM
Grimm-Maxx

ORIGINAL: kmrcb8

I also have tc3 nitro,but cant find any tracks or parking lot races in the hi desert (heperia ca) is there any in barstow?
I sent you a PM
Old 02-07-2009, 09:57 PM
mojave1

PM back at ya!
Old 02-08-2009, 12:19 AM
ilanstylz

Sup kmrcb8, I live in barstow and as far as tracks etc out here or races, none that I know of so far......... It sucks living out in the high desert because there aren't many places to drive the tc3, and the roads suck so the only place I take mine to is the Sports Park out here in barstow since its wide open when the parking lot is empty.............

If you have any off-road rc's my coworker is going to build his own track at his house in yermo, once hes done we are going to start having races there........ if your interested let me know..............
Old 02-08-2009, 10:57 AM
mojave1

Well if you want to race off road come up to Green Flag Raceway in hesperia,im there every other sunday or this coming sunday,great place to race Ya as far as on road nothing up here was a track in victorville and parking lot race at hobbie town but all gone now[]. If you want to check out off road track go to reginal racers and bashers in the nitro off road section of rcu,track in hesperia.I race a losi 8 there but sure miss racing the tc3 on road
Old 02-08-2009, 11:19 AM
ilanstylz

Yeah I'm new to RC's so I'm not ready to go out racing on a comp level lol....... plus I'm sure its all 1/8 scale out there at the track so I wouldn't be able to since I only own 1/10 scales for now......... I do plan on getting a 1/8 but that won't be for a little while until I can practice more with my 1/10's and feel comfortable moving up to the big blocks... But I'll most def. come check out the races when I have the time............
Old 02-08-2009, 11:28 AM
mojave1

We do get 1/10 racing in the summer when more people show up,but im new to racing also was always a basher before.Once you start to race on a track with other racers you start getting the hang of it,everybody at this track is layed back no pressure just have fun.
Old 02-14-2009, 07:58 PM
mojave1

I better save the tc3 nitro thread before it goes to page 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![sm=drowning.gif]
Old 02-19-2009, 05:11 AM
[email protected]

Hi all, first post here so please, ask everybodies patience. I have purchased a thunder tiger with a pro 12bxs engine from ebay. I t has a subaru wrx shell and only one shock for the rear of the car. not the four I see on any pics on the net. I assume it is far from a recent model. I have not run the car yet as have not got any nitro yet but the glow plug lights. The pull start retracted once or twice when I first tried it then a few days later after pushing and pulling some of the servos, I tried the pull start and it didn't retract. Only way back was to turn one of the cogs so the engine turned over (rather difficult turning the engine over by hand) then i could get the cord back in. Is the pull start stuffed or can I fix it? I have fixed a pull start on a lawn mower but this is new to me.

Cheers.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:08 PM
crawlernate

after going to a frys in austin for a video camera and a wing for my revo i came across some on road rc races. i was instantly hooked and immediately ruled out electric im done with that crap and after looking put this car high up on my list of cars to get. so i have a few questions like how tuff is this car for a newb to on road (have a revo i race but am done upgrading it for a while and am now looking for another car to spend on) does it handle good, easy to tune, parts easy to buy, and can this car compete with the high dollar serpents and xrays that race there. thanks
-nate
Old 03-04-2009, 01:07 AM
sean1234

Just purchased a roller on ebay, to bash around with friends in some parking lots Any advive on a motor, preferably under 150$? I have had my eye on the os 18 cvrxs. What would you guys suggest?
Old 03-05-2009, 04:32 PM
K223

ORIGINAL: sean1234

Just purchased a roller on ebay, to bash around with friends in some parking lots Any advive on a motor, preferably under 150$? I have had my eye on the os 18 cvrxs. What would you guys suggest?
If your going to stay with the pullstart and use the side exhaust setup...Then this would be the easiest way to go and I heard this motor puts out some good power as well. I run the OS .18TZp in a Team kit TC3.

K223
Old 03-05-2009, 04:36 PM
K223

ORIGINAL: crawlernate

after going to a frys in austin for a video camera and a wing for my revo i came across some on road rc races. i was instantly hooked and immediately ruled out electric im done with that crap and after looking put this car high up on my list of cars to get. so i have a few questions like how tuff is this car for a newb to on road (have a revo i race but am done upgrading it for a while and am now looking for another car to spend on) does it handle good, easy to tune, parts easy to buy, and can this car compete with the high dollar serpents and xrays that race there. thanks
-nate
The car is easy to work on and parts are pretty cheap....Handles pretty good and there are quite a few hop up and team parts to make it better. Out of the box I am sure a Serpent or X-ray, etc would be hard to stay with unless you can drive the wheels off of it. But I heard there are some that have put a good amount of hop up's into there TC3's and can hang with them. Depends on how much you want to spend up front and if you plan to only race and how much racing you will do. If you plan to just run it casually in parking lot's and do some racing...Bang for the buck the TC3's still a good car....If you want to do pure racing and alot of it and have the cash you may want to just step up now and go with one of the newer race designs.

I plan to do a mixed bag of things with mine...So just bought the FT Team Kit TC3 and overpowered it LOL Should be fun for what I am going to do with it.

K223
Old 03-05-2009, 04:42 PM
K223

ORIGINAL: Grimm-Maxx

ORIGINAL: ilanstylz

I got it a Hobby People in Redlands,CA since it's by my house and they always cut me deals.They have an R32 and R34 body as well as many other 200mm bodies.Here's some pics as it sits now

Hey nice ride....What size are those rear foam tires and brand??? They look larger than 26mm.....I would like to put those all the way around.....I am a little over powered with my OS .18TZ and want to get some grip.

Thanks

K223
Old 03-06-2009, 03:36 PM
sean1234

This is the motor I would need correct? [link]http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGGP8&P=0[/link]
Old 03-06-2009, 03:48 PM
K223

ORIGINAL: sean1234

This is the motor I would need correct? [link]http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGGP8&P=0[/link]
Yeah this should do it.....Not sure if they make one with the Pilot shaft SG crank...But I think your stock .15 comes with that SG adapter on it and you can just use it on the new motor as you have to install the flywheel on the new OS anyway. Depending on when you want to get it....I think RC hobbies and Warricks carry these engines in stock for like the same price as Tower.

I have a couple of buddies that have NTC3's and looking for a place to run...They have the onroad track at Coral Springs closed right now and not sure if it's going to even reopen. Any good wide open places you have found to run yours?

K223

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.