Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3644454647 LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1159

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Offical nitro tc3 thread

Nice NTC3's!!! i just got a ntc3 from a local swap meet for 10 dollars. i didnt know the condition of the motor but when i got home, i spent the day rebuilding the entire car from ground up and cleaned the motor. it has great compression and the piston and sleeve looks brandnew as well. there were a few parts broken and made a list to go buy new parts. i finally got them and installed them. i can believe i actually got a ntc3 running and looking great for around 50.00 all together. yesterday, i just added a cold air intake filter and a homemade exhaust gas cooler from spare parts i found lying around. i saw a big difference in performance and fuel economy. mostly i want to know what type of ntc3 kit this was. it has the threaded aluminum shocks and the upgraded .15 engine. the rims are stock but just painted black because the chrome chipped off. And im not sure what direction i shuld go now: keepit stock or upgrade the motor with a .18 OS nitro engine.thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wu62002.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	185.7 KB 
ID:	1651217   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kf14145.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	176.2 KB 
ID:	1651218   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rw56993.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	163.7 KB 
ID:	1651219   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rl24769.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	178.4 KB 
ID:	1651220  
    \"If it runs right, dont mess with it.\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Please don't use that air filter. That thing isn't doing that engine any good at all. The exhaust cooler is also of dubious use, I don't have one on mine and I have no problems with the fuel in the tank getting hot.
    My stash:
    1 rally modded NTC3, 1 HeliMax Axe CX Nano, 1 Hobbico NexSTAR.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Check this one out...just finished trimming and cutting holes for the FTNTC3....came out pretty good!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Looks fantastic Jake! Very well done!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: MrBlargMan

Looks fantastic Jake! Very well done!
    Thanks Blargman!

Here is what Icame up with to cover the spur opening and the big hole where the steering servo goes, for my rally NTC3
    :

That aluminum tape is pretty tough, Iwill see how it does. I went around the edges with fast drying silicone to make sure it stays stuck to the chassis. If it doesn't work it is easy enough to scrape off the tape and silicone.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I put some electrical tape over the holes in mine. The spur gears made a royal mess of the tape, they caught and ripped neat little holes in it, and once that happened it started catching on debris. The tape over the hole up front, however, is pristine, and has cut down tremendously on the amount of crud flying into the chassis. I also taped up the holes around the flywheel and the pull starter, but as with the spurs the tape over my flywheel got ripped off within minutes.

Edit: Our rally cars would do well with a set of head and tail lights, wouldn't you agree?
    My stash:

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: 378

I put some electrical tape over the holes in mine. The spur gears made a royal mess of the tape, they caught and ripped neat little holes in it, and once that happened it started catching on debris. The tape over the hole up front, however, is pristine, and has cut down tremendously on the amount of crud flying into the chassis. I also taped up the holes around the flywheel and the pull starter, but as with the spurs the tape over my flywheel got ripped off within minutes.

Edit: Our rally cars would do well with a set of head and tail lights, wouldn't you agree?
    Hey 378, Ijust went back and covered the remaining hole where the pull start used to be. Of course I can't cover the flywheel. It's all just an experiment, I'm sure if a sharp rock hits that tape just right it will tear a hole in it. If so Iwill go to plan B, as soon as Ifigure out what plan B is LOL.

Yes Ithink lights would be cool just for the hell of it. I was just playing around with this LEDlight kit Ibought for lining up where to drill body holes. They mount on the posts and shine through the body. But they didn't work at all on that painted blue body, they wouldn't show through the undercoating. But they are damn bright!Ithink you can find a set of led headlights and tailights pretty cheap! Definately looks better than light decals.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

nice job on your ntc3. i think i need to do that to my car too.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thanks for the advice.. i changed the filter to a nice oil foam filter and will still keep the exhaust cooler because i have found it has better fuel efficiency. thanks for the advice.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Jake C6R

Hey 378, IΒ*just went back and covered the remaining hole where the pull start used to be. Of course I can't cover the flywheel. It's all just an experiment, I'm sure if a sharp rock hits that tape just right it will tear a hole in it. If so IΒ*will go to plan B, as soon as IΒ*figure out what plan B is LOL.
    My problem was the tape sticking to the spurs and getting torn that way. Your aluminum tape may not have that problem, I think the adhesive would give before the gear could tear it.

As for being able to cover the flywheel...<3 pull starts! [&:]

Six pulls, by the way. That's all I needed last time I ran mine.

Yes IΒ*think lights would be cool just for the hell of it. I was just playing around with this LEDΒ*light kit IΒ*bought for lining up where to drill body holes. They mount on the posts and shine through the body. But they didn't work at all on that painted blue body, they wouldn't show through the undercoating. But they are damn bright!Β*IΒ*think you can find a set of led headlights and tailights pretty cheap! Definately looks better than light decals.

Well I also want to run at night . I'm not sure if I want to put lights in my El-cam shell, though, as I'm pondering an entirely new shell. That one has too much of an overhang and I didn't get the post holes drilled very straight. I'm just not sure what I want to run...don't want a suby or evo, everyone else with an RC rally car runs those shells. Don't want a supercar, either, as those don't look right playing in the dirt. Hrm...I'm thinking Porsche 911, they ran those in Paris Dakar.
    My stash:

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

378, ha ha no way you will ever get me back into the pull starts!One time Iripped the hell out of my fingers on this buggy Iwas trying to start - Isaid screw this and put on a roto start backplate and Ihave never looked back!All roto start or starter boxes for me!LOL

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

378, i did get a nice oil foam filter. i did keep the exhaust cooler because it definitely reduces fuel consumption. thanks for the advice!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Still have not even tried out the rally NTC3!!! Work really gets in the way of my play time! I can't get them to understand I just want to get paid but not show up. Can't seem to get that arrangement worked out!

378, next weekend for sure. This one I'll be in Vegas...gotta win some money to buy more RC stuff! LOL

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Kudos to those that have done the rally conversion

Just picked up a complete NTC3 with a .18 CV-R that I am going through (all torn down for cleaning) and I also got a mostly complete roller with it. Both are 2-speed of course.....now I know what I can do with all the spare parts and stock chassis
    ALOT of RC\'\'s.....and forever collecting more!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: wminmi

Kudos to those that have done the rally conversion

Just picked up a complete NTC3 with a .18 CV-R that I am going through (all torn down for cleaning) and I also got a mostly complete roller with it. Both are 2-speed of course.....now I know what I can do with all the spare parts and stock chassis
    Let's see it when you are done!

I finally got mine out and it was a blast!I took it out on this huge gravel and dirt parking lot. It's somewhat uneven but worked well for the rally set up!The car ran great and spit gravel and dirt with no problem. Powersliding was very fun!Iam happy with the conversion, Inever heard the chassis bottom out (but its already so scratched up Icouldn't tell if it did) so Ithink the clearance will be fine. Definitely worthwhile for a spare chassis!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You won't hear it bottoming out over the engine. Trust me on that one. Don't worry about it scraping anyways, it's going to do that whether we want it to or not and it doesn't hurt anything.
    My stash:

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey guys check out my thread called Which Battery Pack For NTC3 RTR? I need some advice! Im sure one of you TC3 owners has gotten a new hump pack for their car. Which ones best?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Charlie, here is what I posted in your thread. If you want to see the battery installed look at the pix of my car in the previous page of this thread.

For bashing, I am really happy with the Stickman hump pack SRP2500-MUG.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...h-Normal-Style

It will go forever on a single charge. You don't need to change anything, as far as your receiver goes any battery with the correct voltage works fine. Obviously the better the battery the longer you can go between charges.I have one of these in my rally modded NTC3 and had one in my buggy also. For my racing NTC3 I use a flat pack for the lower center of gravity.

You won't see any receiver/battery charger combos because there are so many different receiver battery styles to fit so many cars and trucks.

As far as a charger goes you cannot go wrong with this one:
    http://www.hobbypartz.com/thac6smbachw.html

Thunder AC6 will charge everything from NICD and NIMH to Lipos for $45! I have been using one for a long time and it is awesome.

I hope this helps and if you have any more questions ask away!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Jake C6R

You won't see any receiver/battery charger combos because there are so many different receiver battery styles to fit so many cars and trucks.

Incorrect. I found a combo in my LHS for 20 bucks that contained this charger and a matching 5-cell NiCD hump pack. Ofna's site, as well as Tower, make no mention of it though []

If I can find the packaging I'll post a part number.

The shape of the pack doesn't matter. If it's a 5-cell pack a 6.0v charger will charge it, they all use one of two connectors. You only need to match cell count and cell chemistry, doesn't matter how many shapes of batteries there are and Rx packs all use standardized connectors.
    My stash:

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey 378 how you been buddy?

Yes I stand corrected you can get one of those but the problem is it's only good for 6V.

If I was new to the hobby I still think I would get a little bit better charger that can handle all battery types and voltages as you grow in the hobby and buy more stuff, cause you know we always do! LOL

Plus it gives you the ability to adjust the charge amps and do charge/discharge cycling, has temp sensing ability, good peak detection, etc.

I would still spend a few bucks on the charger in my opinion,.

How is the rally car going?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Two 6.0v nickle-based Rx packs are all I need to charge so I don't need a fancy unit. A wall adapter like the one I linked is perfect for me.

The car's going fine. It's been struck by a wave of laziness, though, I can't be assed to get out there and re-tune the engine. I have it set back to defaults because I pulled the carb, stripped it and cleaned it out to try to chase down an odd running problem.
    My stash:

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Two 6.0v nickle-based Rx packs are all I need to charge so I don't need a fancy unit. A wall adapter like the one I linked is perfect for me.

The car's going fine. It's been struck by a wave of laziness, though, I can't be assed to get out there and re-tune the engine. I have it set back to defaults because I pulled the carb, stripped it and cleaned it out to try to chase down an odd running problem.
    Ha ha yeah Iknow what you mean, typically Imess with one car exclusively for a while then it sits. Lately Ihave been working on my Revo, my crappy 3.3 seized so Idid the Picco .26 Red Dot conversion and Ihave about a quart through that one.

So Idecided to get out the FTNTC3 and play with it, and the damn OS .12TR started giving me problems again. That engine screams when it runs great but ever since Ibought it (used) it has been inconsistent. This time I tried everything Icould and Icould not get a good tune on it. The funny thing is that Ipreviously sealed everything on it so I know there are no air leaks either. Anyway it's an old discontinued model and Iam done with it so Ibought a new Picco .12 7 port 51220 on eBay for $70. Should have it by next weekend to start the break in.

I'll let you know how it goes, Ihave read good things about them and for $70 you can't hardly go wrong!Not a good racing engine but should be great for parking lot bashing!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Bumpdate: Finally got out there and retuned my engine. Damn thing's so happy and running so well I ripped the left rear tire right off the bead!

Nothing a little superglue won't fix, but I may have to chase the bead on the rim with the dremel a bit. I might have done a few speed runs and several donuts before noticing the tire was acting funny...[&:]

Good thing: The way I glued the tires means the tire itself is undamaged. I glued with four little dots around the circumference, staggered 45 degrees for inner and outer bead. So the tire didn't rip, the tiny little superglue dot just popped off. Did that intentionally as I wanted to be able to replace the tires but keep the rims.
    My stash:

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

picked up a megatech q16 engine last year from the megatech booth at the wram show for 29,00 new they clain 1.6 hp will it be to much engine for my tc3 diffs any help.from you tc3 gurus out there.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It won't. First of all it's not going to be making anywhere near that. Except performance to be roughly in line with AE .15 they come with from the factory. Secondly, the diffs in mine are holding up just fine to off-road shenanigans and an OS 18 CV-RX, which is equal in output to low-end big blocks.

If it's a small block, chances are, it will be fine. You'll only run into diff problems if you're running big blocks.
    My stash:

Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3644454647 LastLast